Sea Time

In the process of filling out my application for my Z-card, I noticed that on my sea service form the “average number of hours worked” indicates: 16 hrs. Does this give me “double” the amount of days??? I have 99 days, just wondering if the long days count for more…
Thanks, this forum is awesome!

[QUOTE=Skipjack;130591]In the process of filling out my application for my Z-card, I noticed that on my sea service form the “average number of hours worked” indicates: 16 hrs. Does this give me “double” the amount of days??? I have 99 days, just wondering if the long days count for more…
Thanks, this forum is awesome![/QUOTE]

You cannot get “double days”. If you work on vessels authorized and observing a two watch system, you can get 1 1/2 day credit.

[QUOTE=Robert;130593]You cannot get “double days”. If you work on vessels authorized and observing a two watch system, you can get 1 1/2 day credit.[/QUOTE]

Well, I reckon that’s better than just the 1 day per. Thanks for responding!

How can you work 16 hours a day on a two watch system? I thought the minimum off time is 6 hours at a time on a two watch system?

Your old company is legally required to give you your seatime,or like the other guy said ,write a letter yourself ad have them sign it but has to be on company letter head.

[QUOTE=edshannah;130630]Your old company is legally required to give you your seatime,or like the other guy said ,write a letter yourself ad have them sign it but has to be on company letter head.[/QUOTE]

They filled out the form, signed and notarized it. I was just curious about the number of days I was entitled to with the average hours worked listed as 16.

Be careful, you may be admitting to violating the “required hours of rest periods”. If you work 12 hr days or a two-watch system, 1 1/2 days are the maximum you can claim for any 24 hr period.

Was it running as a day boat?

[QUOTE=Tugboater203;130679]Was it running as a day boat?[/QUOTE]

No, it was a commercial F/V back in 1997.

[QUOTE=Skipjack;130700]No, it was a commercial F/V back in 1997.[/QUOTE]

No problem. that is allowed. you should get your 1.5 days per day of seatime.