What is considered acceptable sea time?

[B]I just got sea time from one of my previous employers.

boat:F/V ??? GRT:765
HP:1200 Position: Near Coastal,Bering sea, Gulf of Alaska, Aleutian Island waterways[/B]

[B]Deck hand on F/V:[/B]

199 days underway, The listed sea service consist of 16 hour days underway. By documenting 16 hour day service, I am attesting that 16 hour days have been authorized by the USCG, per each vessel’s manning requirements.

[U][B]Factory on F/V[/B][/U]

[U]244 days[/U] underway, The listed sea service consist of 16 hour days underway. By documenting 16 hour day service, I am attesting that 16 hour days have been authorized by the USCG, per each vessel’s manning requirements.

[B][U]Shipyard Work on F/V

[/U][/B]86 days - is not followed by the 16 hour day explanation.

[B]This is just a few snippits from my letter Do I actually get time for working the factory? or the shipyard time? Factory workers on this boat work outside too, they help with lines etc. but I know title is more important right?[/B]

What are you applying for?

I hear that fish processing or factory time does not count toward an AB or mate ticket but I am no authority on that.

Some of the regulars should chirp in their 2 cents later.

[QUOTE=catherder;144133]What are you applying for?

I hear that fish processing or factory time does not count toward an AB or mate ticket but I am no authority on that.

Some of the regulars should chirp in their 2 cents later.[/QUOTE]

I"m going to attest that if there was such a thing as 16 hr days, the oil patch would have jumped on it like a coonass on a log of Skoal yrs ago.

Yeah, even if for some god forsaken forgotten regulation somehow allowed it turning in 16 hour days To the NMC is a guarantee trip to an extra 2 month hassle. Id leave it at 12.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;144151]I"m going to attest that if there was such a thing as 16 hr days, the oil patch would have jumped on it like a coonass on a log of Skoal yrs ago.[/QUOTE]

well for deckhand I’, told I get 1.5 days sea time for each day, but the question did not pertain to the time as a deckhand . we actually work 18+. hours a day. I’m applying for a AB I have additional sea time from other companies. This letter confused me because they have it broken down by position since I worked as factory when I started. I did not even suspect this would show up on my letter as time.

Anyways, question remains. Maybe I should have been specific. To anyone with experience in this matter , who does not just think, assume or just giving their opinion. For the 244 days underway as factory do I earn any time? I know its a super long shot, but has anyone ever got time for this. if so…that’s awesome. if not…(fart noise).

truly yours,

pol pot

Maybe Mr. Cavo will chime in on this, I did a brief thread search and didn’t come up with anything definitive, but my understanding is that although it is quite common to work 16 hour days in the processing dept. of a F/V, the CG frowns upon anything more than 12 hr. days except in certain rare exceptions.
The 1.5 seatime rule applies to certain rates that work 12 hour days and the CG is pretty specific about how that is applied, although I DO think deck-time on a F/V is allowed…the other one is tugbots.
Best advice I can give is just list your days on the 719S and if you disagree with what the evaluator gives you, take it to the box (appeal).

§10.232***Sea service.

§10.232 Sea service