Sea time requirement for License renewal

-I believe the sea time requirement for Master AGT License renewal is 360 days in 5 yrs, can anyone find the regulation or confirm this.

-If you don’t have sufficient sea time what modules require re-taking if any?

-Is there an exemption on the sea time requirements if you are shore based in a Maritime related job?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=seadog13;120781]-I believe the sea time requirement for Master AGT License renewal is 360 days in 5 yrs, can anyone find the regulation or confirm this.

-Is there an exemption on the sea time requirements if you are shore based in a Maritime related job?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes, it’s in the CFRs or marine safety manual from USCG. go look up it up before the grumpy SOBs who inhabit this place give you “forum hell” for being lazy.

at a bare minimum, i would think you are going to have to repeat BST if you don’t have requisite sea time over 5yr period. i think that it is universal for anyone with MMC now. doesn’t matter who, what, or why.
and unless you radar renewal is for a different date, then that will have to be renewed, too.

Take a Deck Officer Refresher course to renew your STCW quals. And you will need a BST refresher as well. I did mine at Quality Maritime in St. Petersburg and was very satisfied.

[QUOTE=seadog13;120781]-I believe the sea time requirement for Master AGT License renewal is 360 days in 5 yrs, can anyone find the regulation or confirm this.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You’re a master AGT, and can’t find a simple requirement in the CFR? OK, go to the Part that deals with MMCs, and look under the obscure heading of “requirements for renewal.”

Still need help? Scroll over the next line for the answer in the electronic equivalent of invisible ink.
46 CFR 10.227(d)(8)(i)(A)

Take BST refresher training. (3days/$300 at MSC San Diego)>>>submit application materials/cash to REC>>>REC submits to NMC>>>NMC directs REC to give you an open book take home general subjects and Rules of the Road tests>>>complete tests at home, submit back to REC>>>REC submits to NMC>>>NMC mails you your little red book.

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;120858]Take BST refresher training. (3days/$300 at MSC San Diego)>>>submit application materials/cash to REC>>>REC submits to NMC>>>NMC directs REC to give you an open book take home general subjects and Rules of the Road tests>>>complete tests at home, submit back to REC>>>REC submits to NMC>>>NMC mails you your little red book.[/QUOTE]

Actually the open book exams are mailed to the mariner to take and return.

[QUOTE=Robert;121029]Actually the open book exams are mailed to the mariner to take and return.[/QUOTE]

If the opportunity is there, go get it and return the tests yourself if cutting some time out of your renewal equation is important.