Sanction busting

I’m sure nobody here is involved in sanction busting, or any other illegal activity at sea,
Others apparently are:

1 Like

A few years back the FBI turned up at a well known oil tool company here in Singapore ( with the local police) put the handcuffs on a few officials and straight the the airport and back to the USA.
They went to prison.
The in house counsel warned them but the money was good in sanction busting they thought nothing would happen.

Any info to share that could earn you $5 Mill.?:

Apparently he has been in Singapore all the time:

1 Like

making money is not illegal in Singapore
If its kept out of the public eye then it never happened, thats the Singapore way.
Plenty have traded with Nth Korea for years occasionally the US gets upset and trys to get action done.
Was a case here a few years ago about consumer goods to Nth Korea

Bloomberg is forward leaning:

1 Like

Andrew Craig -Bennett penned nice piece on "morality " of those imposing the sanctions and how they are prepared to “walk the talk” .
His articles however should be viewed through the prism of caution as a few years back during heated debate on the CO2 issue in Splash247 article ( comments section) He revealed : QUOTE : BUT WE ALL LIE IN SHIPPING, DON’T WE??? END QUOTE.
Tankers, crimes, and fortunes - Splash247

30th Jan 2023 The Economist delivered an article about Ruskies busting oil sanctions with ;quote " 50 years old tankers" zooming through European and other major ports like Flying Dutchman, delivering their goodies untrammeled by anybody. I have not read this as it is for subscribers only but it reverberated in other less prominent maritime news tubes.

Is there any body here who can share pirated copy of Economist revelations???

Busting oil sanctions has a vey long history and proven record( as per Economist) , starting from South Africa , Iran and other “ewoks” , through the collections of " KIMs" and other alleged wrongdoers. Bottom line : it always worked . As to “50 year old tankers” though, my impression is the authors failed to consult all the IMO resolutions, that prove beyond doubt 50 years old tankers in all major European ports will not survive the PSC scrutiny . Because if they do, then Andrew is right, that sanctions are a big time bullshit.

I am a subscriber and have read the article;

Nothing about “50-year old tankers” that I can see.

Thank You very much. As i have mentioned i have read stuff from other sources quoting the Economist article , therefore my inquiry as to the “source|”, as this 50 year old ships looked a bit suspicious to me. As one can see " lie can travel half the world before truth puts it’s pants on" said who?
THX and cheers

Well, for a moment I thought i had it but no way . One needs to pay to plug and play.

Any chance You can copy text only and send it via PM??? PLEASE!!!

The Economist article I was referring to is below:

you forgot he golden rule, if its good for Singapore inc you stay quiet…

It is getting harder NOT to break any sanctions than it is to do “sanction busting”:

Never thought i would quote WAPO but newer say never .Here it is:

Ablistering exposé from The Washington Post is casting new aspersions on the oversight – or lack thereof – stemming from President Joe Biden’s administration

Bombshell: Biden Pentagon Exposed for Buying Russian Fuel Oil, Evading Wartime Sanctions - Report (msn.com)

Maybe because it doesn’t look like Fox News has covered this subject?

I’d swear that’s a picture of the Sulphur Enterprise….

Last time i checked FOX was busy with sth else but not less sinister. Since bumbling Joe took over one can see calamity after calamity falling upon all of us and it is a fact difficult to deny. But stay assured nukes will make us equal.
(258) It’s ‘very scary’ what Biden is doing to us, says Republican lawmaker - YouTube