Saint Greta

At least some other sources…

There’s like a thousand movies put out a year from the film industries where the parents are making bank from their screwed up spawns. Let Susanna Summers save them, I don’t care about those kids or this family & girl who wants to eat rice cakes & poop in a bucket on a sail boat with no air conditioning. As long as their paperwork is in order & they don’t break any laws while they’re here then its fine by me. I seen interviews & documentaries about members of the UN General Assembly & it’s nothing but a bunch of old European money families & 3rd world retards anyways. If someone thinks talking to them some more about it will somehow stop the weather from changing then by all means give it a shot.

1 Like

The video I saw they showed a very normal bucket with a rope attached. No toilet seat and what it was made of was not mentioned. (Is it important?)

I have been a mariner for 60 years and I’m a self-proclaimed cynic.
But also a realist.that have made a living out of being practical and looked for solutions, not negative thinking.

Nobody has held a gun to her head but maybe Swedish parents are not behaving in the way you evidently think is “natural”?

That she have been influenced by adults is logical since she started this at a very early age. She does appear very grown up for a 16 year old though.

Oh wise one, please tell me what you assume is the way I evidently think is “natural”.

How does that differ from the point I was making?

Come on folks… give her a break.

She has just blagged a ride across the Atlantic on one of the most incredible sailing craft in the world. I would love to bag a ride on an IMOCA 60. … all expenses paid.

i just hope she knows just how incredibly lucky she is.

2 Likes

Not sure who influenced (or manipulated?) who_

Quoted from The Sun article linked above. A very reliable source.:roll_eyes:

I don’t know. Page 2 typically doesn’t disappoint.

2 Likes

IIRC a reliable source for publishing once a week a photo of a run of the mill pasty complexioned secretary willing to pose in questionable attire.

2 Likes

a modern sailing boat has a very bad plastic footprint, all that rope, plastic in the sails thats gets thrown away every other season or each season on a race boat not the mention the plastic hull…
It couldnt exist without oil…
Nothing gets recycled, just land fill
A jumbo jet gets melted down and reused

She needs to be in a wooden boat with hemp sails and rope and no antifoul

2 Likes

Yankee…

It’s page 3 you are looking for :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not good enough. The trees used to build the boat has to be cut down by hand saw, transported to a water wheel driven sawmill by horses (no that doesn’t work, they fart) and on by sail barges to the building yard.

Hemp sails, do (did) those exist? Wool was used by the Vikings.

BTW; more and more of an air plane is made from composite material today, as is nearly anything else.

She is doing her best. Nobody is perfect.

2 Likes

A reduction of emissions is going to require more then the actions of individuals. A discussion of the emission of a single person is meaningless.

In theory individuals reducing fossil fuel use will result in decrease in price which will cause others to consume more. Obviously no meaningful price change but that’s because the reduction is meaningless to begin with.

Too bad these tree huggers weren’t members of the gcaptain forum back in '15. They would have stumbled across the thread below & had a way to get across the Atlantic without a carbon footprint just as their Nordic ancestors did it.

I stand corrected. Page 2 has the erectile dysfunction drug adds, correct? :smiley:

1 Like

yes, your right there
Hemp sails, yes may not exist as it would take some very modern machinery.
Wool sails, I didnt know that, I thought they were cotton in the old days with whale/seal oil on them?

Cotton don’t grow very well in a West Norwegian climate, even in the warmer period that existed in part of the Viking era. (From the late 8th to late 11th centuries)
I don’t know what the early Phoenician sailors used for sails, but the Egyptians used reed sails on their reed boats:
Thor Heyerdahl wisely used a more modern material for the sail on the Ra:

They use a bucket.

So throwing untreated human excrement into the ocean is going to be positive for the environment?

It is generally considered that on the high seas, the oceans are capable of assimilating and dealing with raw sewage through natural bacterial action. Therefore, the regulations in Annex IV of MARPOL generally allow the discharge of sewage into the sea 12 miles out from land unless otherwise provided.

3 Likes

Get real!!

How much can a puny little girl manage to pollute on a voyage across the Atlantic Ocean?

If you can’t find anything else to complain about in today’s world I feel sorry for you.
Look at what you have contributed to polluting the world in the last 10-12 days and then complain to the one in the mirror every morning.

she caused a 100 people to fly in in their private jets to hear her speak…

1 Like