Reserve Duty w/ MSC

I’m an Operational Support Officer (OSO) for Military Sealift Command and I plan training exercies and projects for MSC Reservists, as well as for Merchant Marine Reservists (MMR).

I am looking for Reservists, including MMR’s, to perform their duty with MSC at my command overseas. Please contact me if you are interested and want more info.

In addition to contributing the valuable operational support that MMR’s provide, I ask each MMR to give a training brief to our staff on what you do in the Maritime industry. This is invaluable training for us!
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Im in the sip program and haveny done a drill since 03. I have been extremely busy with my schedule as it is. I would love to do a drill but I am way behind on what needs to be done. any advice?

Advice? Run and hide…they are looking for you.

Seriously - haven’t you been doing your annual reports to MARAD? What about the waivers you needed for the ACDUTRA? If they haven’t tracked you down since 2003 - OUCH!

I have been doing the annual reports but thats about it. I am REALLY behind the eight ball and when I have called the office asking for a helping hand they have given me the run around. I am more then willing to do an AT but it seems there is a big beaurocratic mess to go through. i did a drill in san fran but my schedule didn’t line up with any drills in later years when I tried to line something up… Anymore advice? Opportunities?

[quote=supbrow;8472]I’m an Operational Support Officer (OSO) for Military Sealift Command and I plan training exercies and projects for MSC Reservists, as well as for Merchant Marine Reservists (MMR).

I am looking for Reservists, including MMR’s, to perform their duty with MSC at my command overseas. Please contact me if you are interested and want more info.

In addition to contributing the valuable operational support that MMR’s provide, I ask each MMR to give a training brief to our staff on what you do in the Maritime industry. This is invaluable training for us!

[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
[/quote]
It would be very useful for everyone with the GMDSS-O license to obtain an Intelink-(U) Passport account. Once you have a Passport account you will be able to instant message someone onboard a US Navy Ship who has a Passport account as well. For Example…The GMDSS operator could use the Ships INMARSAT terminal to access the internet. Once the operator has internet access he can logon to the Intelink-(U) site, use the messaging tool and IM someone in CIC onboard a US Navy Warship that is underway. This would help crewmen onboard ships like the Maresk Alabama. Thank you for listening and have a great day. The level of classification for this system is Sensitive but unclassified.

A merchant vessel does not meet the eligibility criteria for Intelink-(U) use. The normal communications during/after a piracy incident would be by SSAS which generates a return phone call from the CSO and/or the contracted monitoring company, phone call to UKMTO and (maybe) an email blast off the Sat C to UKMTO, CSO, MARLO and MSCHOA. As the average piracy incident lasts 11-12 minutes, the ability for extensive communication is slim. The “panic button” (SSAS) is by far the fastest to use while maneuvering and trying to keep the bad guys off the ship.

[B]New MMR & MSC Reserve opportuinities in the Far East[/B]

Looking for MMR’s for the following 2 week ADT assignments in the MSC Far East region:
Assitant Port Engineer (Singapore) - Anytime
JLOTS 2010 - Fleet Landing Officer (Korea) - Summer 2010
JLOTS 2010 - Afloat Liaison Officer (Japan and Korea) - Summer 2010
MMR Project Officer (Singapore) - Anytime

Contact me via LinkedIn MSC & Merchant Marine Reserve group.