Request for change of gCaptain Jobs search format

Hi there, This may be the wrong place to put this, but I’m frustrated with the job search on gCaptain. One small problem, but I’m on a boat with slow/expensive internet so having to load pages over and over causes headache.

1. It’s nice that there is a button to exclude an employer from search results (thanks for that its a good tool)

2. The problem is that the button only grays out the results from that employer instead of eliminating them, and one crewing company posts many jobs a day, so to actually see jobs that are not that one recruiter takes many clicks and page loadings.

3. one solutiuon would be to make third party recruiters condense their millions of jobs into one posting a day. another option would be to allow us to actually remove specific employers from the list.

4. i don’t want to sound ungrateful I have my current job because i found it on gCaptain, my bills are paid and life is good (still looking for a better job though)

[QUOTE=yeahoner;115361]Hi there, This may be the wrong place to put this, but I’m frustrated with the job search on gCaptain. One small problem, but I’m on a boat with slow/expensive internet so having to load pages over and over causes headache.

1. It’s nice that there is a button to exclude an employer from search results (thanks for that its a good tool)

2. The problem is that the button only grays out the results from that employer instead of eliminating them, and one crewing company posts many jobs a day, so to actually see jobs that are not that one recruiter takes many clicks and page loadings.

3. one solutiuon would be to make third party recruiters condense their millions of jobs into one posting a day. another option would be to allow us to actually remove specific employers from the list.

4. i don’t want to sound ungrateful I have my current job because i found it on gCaptain, my bills are paid and life is good (still looking for a better job though)[/QUOTE]

Hi yeahoner,Great feedback! I can not go into details but I will say we in the process of developing a new job board and your requests will be incorporated in the new design. That said, these are not “easy” changes we can make overnight. The truth is that, unfortunately, it will be months before we are ready to test the new upgraded version.

I have moved this thread to the gCaptain sectionof the forum… where everyone is free to post concerns/complaints/requests or otherwise discuss the future of gCaptain. We look forward to hearing more great ideas from all the members.

(p.s. if you have more suggestions for the job board, please feel free to reply to this post directly)

-John

Thanks John, I appreciate that web development is work, and this stuff takes time. Love the forum, keep it up! Awesome resource for mariners everywhere.

What does your current employer think about you using their expensive and slow Internet to look for a new job?

I bring my own Internet to work.

There is no reason that gcaptain jobs could not become bigger for mariners than rig one is for rig hands