Help gCaptain Help You - Upload your Resume

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you the heads up that today, on this historic day of February 22, we’ve launched a new job board to gCaptain.com. We’ve had one for a while but with this new software we’re bringing it to a whole new level and pushing it on employers HARD to post their jobs (I think there are enough people on here looking for employment).

One way you guys can help us is to upload your resume. I’m sure some of you are skeptical about giving out your info but to ease your concerns, here’s what happens when you register and upload with us.

First, we don’t under any circumstances give out your details, sell your info or anything shady like that. When and if you upload your resume, it will be placed in our resume bank. The bank is searchable by employers however does not give out your sensitive date ie your name or contact info (FYI don’t put your SSN or bank info anywhere). If any employer finds your resume fits the bill for a postion, a notification will be sent to you and it is not until you confirm that your contact info can be sent to the employer does the employer receive the contact info.

So, by uploading your resume you are really helping us out because the more resumes we have, the more employers we get, the more jobs get posted, the more opportunities you have etc. etc. Here are some links so you can get started.

[B]gCaptain’s Maritime and Offshore Industry Jobs
Register as Job Seeker[/B]

Thanks for your time and continued effort in making this site the best place for professional mariners on the web. Could not do it without you!

Mike

PS - If you are already registered as a job seeker from our old board, your info should be transferred but we still would appreciate if you update your resume.
PPS - If you are an employer looking to fill a position, hit us up and we’ll get you rolling! info@gcaptain.com

Please make choosing the US easier, maybe at the top of the menu…cause really who gives a crap about all the other countries?

[QUOTE=chile caliente;63729]Please make choosing the US easier, maybe at the top of the menu…cause really who gives a crap about all the other countries?[/QUOTE]

Chile…clicked onto you link…thanks. That was hysterical!!! :wink:

I was given a choice to either upload resume or build a resume, I uploaded my resume, which was straight forward.
Then I was taken to the fill-in the blanks page, (or is it the “correct the blanks” page?) which is WAAAY too busy.
I finally surrenderd without finishing…

Please make choosing the US easier

I was given a choice to either upload resume or build a resume

Samuel Mathis
1326 US-80 Apt. 804
Garden City, GA 31408
(912) 574-0177
s.mathis90@yahoo.com

To Whom It May Concern:

I am committed to finding a career where I can put my military skills and seagoing experience into practice.

I was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy after four years of experience. Because of my positive Navy experience, I would like to continue working in a large organization in the Maritime Industry. Being a Boatswain Mate in the Navy has prepared me for a disciplined, secure work environment and the challenges associated with unexpected events. I’m looking forward to using this experience for enhancing my knowledge and skills as a Mariner.

I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss possible employment. You can reach me at the above address or at (912) 574-0177.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Samuel Mathis

Samuel Mathis
1326 US-80 Apt. 804
Garden City, GA 31408
(912) 574-0177
s.mathis90@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE
I am looking for a position wherein I can utilize my military experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities into value for the organization and career growth.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS
Dankhand/Seamanship Experience (5years)
TWIC Card
Merchant Mariner Credential (Able Bodied Seaman)
Secret Clearance
Leadership
Attention to details
Active listening
Critical thinking
Able to adapt to any working environment
Able to work efficiently under stressful conditions
Fast learner
Communication
Comprehension
First Aid and CPR
Fire Fighting
Personal Safety
WORK EXPERIENCE

Title: Boatswains Mate Third Class Active Duty US Navy

AMPHIBIOUS CONSTRUCTION BATTLLION TWO 06/11 – 12/14

Over 3,000 hours of completed maintenance
Lead work center to a 98% inspection rating during Material Maintenance Management (3M) inspection
Assisted in the training of over 20 deck seamen in deck hand qualifications
Assisted in the qualifying of over 30 maintenance personnel
Accomplished many underway operations as a Deck Supervisor including cargo and vehicle loading, fueling and replenishment, towing, transporting, traffic control, and navigating
Daily supervised a six man crew of Seamen as the Deck Supervisor
Trained over 100 Reservists in the Improved Navy Lighterage System (INLS)
Directly responsible for the preservation, maintenance, and operation of over $600 million worth of equipment in the INLS components
(2) Letter of Recognition for work during Liquid Transfer operation in 2011, and loading and transfer operation with NASA in 2014
Good Conduct Medal for three years of zealous service
CPR certified

Taco Bell
St. Mary’s, GA 31558
Dates Employed: Jun 2007 – Jul 2008/May 2010-Dec 2010

Maintain and organized area of responsibility
Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
Great ability to work under pressure.
Excellent physical stamina and the ability to multi-task.
Remarkable ability to work independently and work in a team.

Title: PATIENT CARE ADVOCATE
EXPRESS SCRIPTS
St. Mary’s, GA 31558

Dates Employed: Aug 2008 – Aug 2009

Handle customer service inquiries from members, providers, physicians and internal and external clients related to pharmacy benefits.
Work to research and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Assist members in understanding and maximizing the use of their pharmacy distribution program.
Use computerized system to gather information and respond to questions.
Document issues and resolutions in a common database. Escalate issues as necessary.
Handle inbound and outbound member, provider and physician calls.
Answer questions related to pharmacy benefits, while maintaining productivity standards and performance guarantees where applicable.
Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries in order to continuously improve the customer service process and reduce potential legal concerns.
Work collaboratively with other customer service representatives and supervisor to ensure that best-practices are shared.

EDUCATION
South University Savannah
Dates: January 2015 – Present
Major: Information Technology

Mid Atlantic Maritime Academy
Dates: November 17, 2014 - December 19, 2014
Able Bodied Seaman
Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
First Aid and CPR
Vessel Security Officer
Personal Survival Techniques
Basic Fire Fighting
Advanced Fire Fighting

Basic Operator
School: K – 062-0113
Dates: March 2014
• Basic Operator of small boats and crafts
• Navigation

Boatswain Mate Apprenticeship
Center for Surface Combat Center CIN A-060- 003
Dates: May 2014

Camden County High School
Kingsland, GA 31548
Dates: Aug 2004 – May 2008

TASKS/EXPERIENCE

Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials.
Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
Align, level, and anchor machinery.
Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps
Assume command of vessels in the event that ships’ masters become incapacitated.
Inspect equipment, such as cargo-handling gear, lifesaving equipment, visual-signaling equipment, or fishing, towing, or dredging gear, to detect problems.
Actively Participate in vessel security duties and monitoring as required
Observe loading or unloading of cargo or equipment to ensure that handling and storage are performed according to specifications.
Assist with the safe mooring, docking of the vessel in a variety of weather and water stage conditions
Maintain a safe deck and work area free of gear drift, debris and equipment stowed properly
Assist in loading and unloading of vessel supplies and equipment
Assist with routine maintenance, painting and clean up as instructed by the superior Officer
Routinely report the condition of vessel, and personnel; unusual developments; and repair progress to the superior Officer
Follow the onboard chain of command and duties assigned under the Watch Quarter Station Bill
Supervise crew members in the repair or replacement of defective gear or equipment.
Supervise crews in cleaning or maintaining decks, superstructures, or bridges.
Heavy equipment operating
Stand watch and perform other duties as required

REFERENCES: Available upon request