gCaptain's New Maritime Job Section is Live!

Everyone,

Today we are excited to announce that gCaptain’s Maritime Job Board is now live to all visitors!

We hope that everyone will take advantage of the features that we have included with in order to make your job search go a little more smoothly.

One feature that we are very proud of is that anyone can post a job for free. That means that if you’ve heard of an opening on your ship, in your office or through a friend, we want you to post it here on gCaptain. We think that by providing this open platform for a job board we will have the hottest and most available jobs be fill with the most qualified candidates.

We want to thank everyone who participated in the Beta testing and all the input that we have recieved in order to make gCaptain’s Maritime Job Board the best on the wed. We hope that everyone really enjoys this new feature of the site and, as is with everything else on gCaptain, this a an on going project so please feel free to contact us with any question, concerns, suggestions or bugs.

gCaptain Team
admin@gCaptain.com

Continue to gCaptain.com/Jobs

Hi John,
Thanks again for the job board - love it. My only question / concern is that it seems difficult to immediately discern the location of the jobs from the post.
Is it possible to add a Location field that is right under the job title?
Thanks!

Good idea, we’ll take a look.

Job ID Number: 6455
Job Opportunity: Chief Mate
Job Category: Tankers/Bulk
This Job just showed up on Maritimeemployent.com Job Position: Master/Mate, 1600 Ton
Vessel Home Port: Tampa
Vessel Nationality: US
Job Description: Seeking Chief Mate with unlimited lic./unlimited oceans.Click the Apply to Job Buton.
On Job # 6455

This Job is on Indeed.com
Masters, Mates, Deckhands, Engineers
International Marine - Mobile, AL
INTERNATIONAL MARINE Hiring Immediately!!! 100-1600 [B]Masters[/B] & [B]Mates[/B] A/B’s O/S’s w/STCW Unlicensed Engineers DECKHANDs w/experience 50 vessels…
From al.com - 12:35 PM

I just had to turn down a towing job from Singapore to Vietnam with a U.K. company. They pay $550.00/day and will have eight more tugs coming out by 2011. Talk to Gail Lamont 001 44 1236 618030. or email her at gail.lamont@xltec.co.uk I just sent her the email turning her down so hurry and jump in there quick. Don’t forget the time difference from U.K.

Hey Steve, these are great leads, but I think it would be better to post them on the new Jobs board, or in the Jobs thread started by OrdinarySeaman - easier for everyone to find.
Thanks again for the leads!
Fran

[quote=Capt. Fran;14481]Hey Steve, these are great leads, but I think it would be better to post them on the new Jobs board, or in the Jobs thread started by OrdinarySeaman - easier for everyone to find.
Thanks again for the leads!
Fran[/quote]
Capt. Fran, Thanks for the advise…wasn’t sure…I’ll start doing what you suggested.

[quote=gCaptain;14097]Everyone,

We want to thank everyone who participated in the Beta testing and all the input that we have recieved in order to make gCaptain’s Maritime Job Board the best on the [I][B][U]wed. [/U][/B][/I]
[/quote]

[B]…Just thought I would point out the funny…:smiley: omg[/B]

G’Day Capt,
When visiting yr new jobs page the front page comes up 7/20 and has not appeared current since yr problems last week. The ‘previous listings’ page does have more current listings. Is this everyones experience?
Tks n brgds,
DB

We have been having some occassional issues with the job board and have been working on that problem. It should be running as normal as of right now.

Hello Mike…it’s August 2nd and the three jobs I posted haven’t shown up on the list yet…

help!

I have to manually approve the jobs before they post in order to keep all the junk out. Apparently I haven’t touched a computer in two days :slight_smile:

Thx for submitting

Mike

Help Mike…the board seems to have reverted back to the jobs listed as of the 20th of July. Nothing posted afterwards is showing up!

Sorry about that… One of the bugs with the new job board.

It only happens on the homepage for a short time before switching back, but you can see the most up to date jobs in the “All listings” page and in the category they are assigned to.

We are working to fix this problem so hang in there. THX

What type of vessels? Where do you operate. I’m a 1600M oceans, JDPO, all the other stuff

Mustsea1@aol.com

does anybody know of any company looking for an AB Unlimited with STCW for RFPNW and Lifeboatman, Have TWIC and currant passport would like to work through the holidays.:smiley:

$300/day junk boats

[quote=stevefoster;14406]This Job is on Indeed.com
Masters, Mates, Deckhands, Engineers
International Marine - Mobile, AL
INTERNATIONAL MARINE Hiring Immediately!!! 100-1600 [B]Masters[/B] & [B]Mates[/B] A/B’s O/S’s w/STCW Unlicensed Engineers DECKHANDs w/experience 50 vessels…
From al.com - 12:35 PM[/quote]
$300/day junk boats