Rec and bowditch 2?

I was told by a 2nd mate you can tab up and highlight your own but i want to make sure i buy the right one so i went to amazon but i am lost as to which one.

It’s the bottom one

It’s depends on what rec your testing at. Some let you tab and highlight some don’t.

Shit can i choose which one i test at?

Yes you can choose which REC you test at. But in New Orleans, you have to use their Bowditch and can’t use your own.

[QUOTE=Menizzi;165966]I was told by a 2nd mate you can tab up and highlight your own but i want to make sure i buy the right one so i went to amazon but i am lost as to which one.

You should not be allowed to use your own. Did this 2nd Mate go to an academy? If so, he/she probably has never tested at an REC, he/she took the 3rd Mate exam at their academy, and due to the large number testing, they can use their own Bowditch, but it should not be tabbed. There have even been times in the past when cadets dropped off their Bowditch entering the exam room, and the monitors randomly re-distributed them.

If you stll want to risk trying to use your own, its the 1981 edition.

Could depend on the examiner too. At Schuyler we were allowed to use our own for the reason JD Cavo stated.We were also allowed to tab and highlight. But anything written or added to the book obviously counts as cheating and they’ve failed a couple people for that. Sometimes they forgot they had even writer notes in it while studying. You’re best bet is to buy your own anyway since you will need to study with it and just get 100% familiar with it.