Question about the internet connection in Military Sealift Command ships

Is anyone currently taking college courses while working for the MSC or any other mechant marine jobs? I just got selected for the wiper advancement job. The reason I askedbecause I’m about 7 classes away from graduating in mechanical engineering from Texas State. I found that Old Dominioncollege in Virginia has distance learning program for mechanical engineering. Also,the Coast guard said that with the engineering degree I can take the 3rdassistance engineering exam if I spent 180 days in the engine room instead of1080 days as unlicensed engineer. Thisis my opportunity to make MSC a career because the wiper position doesn’t comeout every 2 and half years. I did 4 years active duty in the Navy and got outas an EN2. The sad thing is that I was stationed with the mobile security unitand never worked in the ship engine room. I want to make MSC a career and oneday to be a chief engineer. So myquestion is will I be able to use the internet to take online class during 4to 6 months of deployment in the middle of the ocean? In addition, I’m broke right now and I heard MSC makes load of money. Even wiper can raked 70k with an overtime.