Question about SF86 form for security clearance and mental counseling

If I put No, how can they find out what i went to the doctor for? It says for marital problems put no. How will they figure out if it was for something else like adhd as well.

[QUOTE=Jacknthebox;42376]If I put No, how can they find out what i went to the doctor for? It says for marital problems put no. How will they figure out if it was for something else like adhd as well.[/QUOTE]

Let’s hope your doctor won’t crack when they waterboard him/her.

They dont ask for your doctor if you put no. So am I missing something?

The yes or no answers on the medical form are to be filled out and certified by your doctor. The doctor wopuld be saying no, not you. Did your doctor put in no based on his/her evaluation, or are you expecting him/her to be a party to a fraud?

My question is how will they know who your doctor is if you put no?

I think I am just going to find another job…its not worth the trouble…thanks for the help everyone.

Why put no if the correct answer is yes? The SF 86 being filled out untruthfully is probably the most adverse thing one could do.

If you have to lie about this, then possibly, just maybe you should go for a job that doesn’t require you to lie to gain employment.

Then again (take this with a grain of salt though) Maybe you should re evaluate yourself about how you perceive yourself, and why you find lying acceptable!

If you lie and get caught do you face any legal consequences? What about if you tried to join the Navy and lied to them and then got caught?

yes and yes

Sorry, I dont respond to PMs like that, and I don’t know what a MSN is. If information is good enough for you it’s good enough for all.

I don’t lie, I am not evasive, and I will be honest and straight with anyone. But, I may not always be 100% correct. That’s what being Human is about!

Now to finish the original question. I am suspect of someone who lies. Once caught I have a VERY hard time trusting someone who has lied to me. Don’t get me wrong, we all ‘lie’ from time to time. I usually won’t admit to my wife that I stopped off at Wendy’s on the way home (unless she finds the bag in the car!) I seem to lose count of the amount of beers I drink (but she know exactly, cause she can count!) and I may ‘forget’ to do things intentionally on the ‘honey do’ list. But I don’t LIE in day to day discussion or conversation. I really don’t lie on official government applications.

I know that everyone can atone and redeem themselves. But, out in 30’ (10 M) seas, when the vessel’s sea keeping ability is being tested is NOT the time to find out that someone is undependable! If my life depends on the whole crew performing as a unit, and our lives depend on that unit, knowing that one part of that unit is untrustworthy makes me VERY skeptical.

You mention a fine. That is about money. Of course there is a fine, I believe there is mention of jail time, and the denial of your MMC. But the larger picture is: Why WOULD you lie? Your concern is about a fine (Money) when you should be concentrating on being honest!