Question about registering with MMP

Plan to register with MMP as soon as I get my upgraded credential from NMC. Have some questions;

1. Won’t I need a physical & drug screen from their doctor? Their application packet mentions nothing of it.
  2. Will MMP (or the ship) require my First Aid & CPR to be current to ship as 3rd Mate?
  3. Anyone know if Wendy in Wilmington is a Notary.

I was at their hall Friday but they were closed for holiday so I left a voice mail for Wendy. I’m just curious in the interim.

Thanks!

Once you sign up, pay the 10% initiation fee and pro-rated dues, you’ll need to go get a drug test. They should provide the form, all you need to do is show up at the place and pee. Once you secure a contract for a ship, then you’ll have to go take a physical. Can’t night mate or ship out until you get your drug free letter back.

[QUOTE=texas.sailor;182093]Once you sign up, pay the 10% initiation fee and pro-rated dues, you’ll need to go get a drug test. They should provide the form, all you need to do is show up at the place and pee. Once you secure a contract for a ship, then you’ll have to go take a physical. Can’t night mate or ship out until you get your drug free letter back.[/QUOTE]

Ok, no prob. Just peed for SUP (every 6 months) I should have some left for MMP;)
Hey what about First Aid, CPR? Do I need it to ship as 3/M? Mines not current.

I don’t think so, don’t hesisitate to call them and ask though. They’re usually pretty helpful and straightforward.

As far as your first aid and cpr, it is a requirement of a lot of companies contracted with MMP. Best if you have it already.