QMED/DDE 4000 questions

I have a few questions, Personnel department asked me to get a captains lisence but i do not want to be a captain.

I have around 700 days of unlisenced engineer seatime on vessels of (1600-3200hp) and worked as a mechanic for 2 years. With my new vessel placement i am always in the engine room on a vessel with 6200hp as the “engineer” and i should have around 400 days additional to the 700 on this vessel bringing me to about 1100 12 hour days in the engine room.

Since i didnt want to be captain they suggested i move up to larger vessels and they suggested the dde4000

I noticed that for this crudential i needed to be a qmed for 360 days, which would have me doing less work than I already do. Does anyone know if my engineering time would substitute for qmed or would i still have to get the qmed.

The supply vessel has the same horsepower mains as the crew boat i am on.

thanks anyone for the help

It’s QMED or “equivalent supervisory experience”. If you are the only “engineer” on the boat then you will get QMED credit.

I’m not sure of the exact wording you will need in the sea time letter.

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;73070]It’s QMED or “equivalent supervisory experience”. If you are the only “engineer” on the boat then you will get QMED credit.

I’m not sure of the exact wording you will need in the sea time letter.[/QUOTE]

I handle everything in the engine room my previous 2 letters from different companies has me as oiler and unlisenced engineer. This company said they couldnt give me more money unless i got lisenced which is already great pay since i help with other vessel maintenence when i get off rotation setting overspeeds and general mechanical setups before uscg inspections.we work crews of 5 on the crewboat. I handle the entire engine room, 2 deck hands, and 2 captains. A captain and deckhand is always on watch and i do our fluid transfers, maintenence, logs, repairs (that are not covered by warranty). I dont have a set schedule for watch i just get up every few hours at night and go check the engine room out and gauges if any alarms go off the deckhand usually comes wake me up. Most of our time is spent standby or at dock. Hurry up and wait is the name of the game.

Vessel is DP1

If anyone else can chime in and let me know what would need to be on the seatime letter if anything other than unlisenced engineer to be able to submit and substitute for qmed time. Please do so.

I am looking to go to the office friday and get my seatime printed so i can mail it off to the REC in mandeville before i go back on. i know around 400 days will be on propulsion over 6000hp. i will just have to go through a few courses before i can test for the lisence which will be no problem, the company wants me to upgrade

thanks