Qmed class

Looking for any information on qmed courses in the louisianna area. I called the sea school in mobile, alabama and they informed me they wouldnt have another class till june. Would like to find somewhere that has a class earlier. Thank you.

Fletcher LMPI, Houma

[QUOTE=matthewfarrar19;130976]Looking for any information on qmed courses in the louisianna area. I called the sea school in mobile, alabama and they informed me they wouldnt have another class till june. Would like to find somewhere that has a class earlier. Thank you.[/QUOTE] Since you’re looking for a USCG approved course why don’t you A; Find it for [B]yourself[/B] by going to USCG.mil, then click on the “Mariners” tab, then click on “Approved courses”, then click on “Search by courses” Or B; Wait around till someone gives you the answer you want. PS: USCG.mil has lots of information on what you need to do to become a QMED. All your USCG forms and more importantly the checklists are on there as well.

Also, you looking for QMED OSV or just QMED??

[QUOTE=matthewfarrar19;130976]Looking for any information on qmed courses in the louisianna area. I called the sea school in mobile, alabama and they informed me they wouldnt have another class till june. Would like to find somewhere that has a class earlier. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

You can take the exam at an REC instead of a course.