ok, some of you might remember when I bought an Allis Chalmers genset a while back. I have just got around to trying to start it but so far no good…here is what I can say
- it is getting fuel to the injectors because I am getting white mist from the exhaust when I crank it
- I have bled the pump and injector lines of all air
- it is cranking at least at 150rpm
- there is no reason to suspect injector timing would not be correct (injector pump not touched)
- there is no reason to suspect valve timing would not be correct (timing gear cover never off)
- fuel is flowing through the filter and into the pump
- there is plenty of compression
- it will kick with ether
I will say that it does appear that I am getting a lot of mist from the exhaust when I crank it and wonder it the fuel metering is not correct and too much fuel is being shot into the cylinders. How much mist would be expected?
Lastly, does anyone here have experience with these Roosa Master injection pumps made by Stanadyne?