Port Fourchon storm status

They know it’s there and exactly what it is. It gets any traction and maybe the price of oil goes up. It’s blacked out on purpose. You would think the port commission would have a steady stream of updates for all customers on their site. This is carefully orchestrated.

Fairway and Bolivar were packed yesterday! Counted atleast 4 HOS osv’s in a row at Bolivar with a few Chouest a little farther out.

That first one looks like the Harvey subsea box/trailer at bollinger quick repair with the photographer facing south.

this guy has a whole bunch of photos posted on facebook. Hopefully you can see them.

Here’s some info from the Port Fourchon web site. Looks like a few more days…

TROPICAL STORM ISAAC INFORMATION
August 30, 2012
10:30 a.m.

Weather conditions in our area are gradually improving and are expected to continue. However, you are encouraged to remain inside shelter and stay alert as we are still under a Tropical Storm Warning.

The Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office has closed LA 1 south of the Leon Theriot Floodgates to all vehicular traffic. Lafourche Parish President Charlotte A. Randolph has imposed a parish wide curfew until further notice. The curfew is in effect from Lockport to Golden Meadow to allow electrical crews to do essential work to restore electricity as quickly as possible.

LA 24 remains closed to traffic due to trees blocking the roadway from Larose to Bourg. LA 1 below the Leon Theriot Floodgates remains closed due to inundation.

Water in Port has begun receding. We are monitoring and waiting on the waters to recede between LA 1 and Port Fourchon. As the tide goes down, the Port Commission and First Responders will begin to clear the roadway and gain access to Port Fourchon in order to assess the situation sometime late this afternoon.

We anticipate that the Port Tenants’ Assessment Teams will have access to Port Fourchon tomorrow morning around 6:00 a.m.

The Port Commission is also working with NOAA and the NRT-4 Survey Team, who are planning to Survey Belle Pass as soon as it is safe to do so. NOAA and the NRT-4 Survey Team are expected to be arriving today.

The South Lafourche Levee District has advised that the Ted Gisclair Floodgate in Larose and Leon Theriot Floodgate in Golden Meadow remain closed until further notice.

Bridges remain closed to marine traffic.

The Greater Lafourche Port Commission offices, both in Galliano and Fourchon, will reopen on Tuesday, September 4th.

Lafourche Parish Government notices and closure information are available at the Lafourche Parish Emergency Website.

Here are some more. In the second one you can see Bollinger’s dry dock and National Oilwell in the background.

Sections of LA 1 between Port Fourchon and Grand Isle washed out

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;80487]Not sure if these were actually snapped in south Lafourche Parish. These are all tagged Fourchon, I’m not guaranteeing their validity. These were collected from tv station web sites “you report” hurricane Isaac sections. Maybe someone will recognize something. If they are bunk I will remove them.[/QUOTE]

I recognize the third pic in that set. The big yellow crane is Intermoor, right across the slip from Harvey Gulfs new dock.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;80487]Not sure if these were actually snapped in south Lafourche Parish. These are all tagged Fourchon, I’m not guaranteeing their validity. These were collected from tv station web sites “you report” hurricane Isaac sections. Maybe someone will recognize something. If they are bunk I will remove them.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about the first picture, but the 2nd one is in lower Golden Meadow. It is about a mile or so south of the flood gates, looking up the Bayou. And the last pic looks like the Intermoor Dock.

We weathered Isaac in Flotation Canal, and I took the FRC around Fourchon this morning for a little reconnaissance. The worst I found was a downed light and damaged overhead door at Martin Terminal and a partially destroyed shed at Baroid. There were a lot of shingles missing, as well as siding from several of the trailers. The roads, what I could see of them, still had a little water on them along with some small debris.

That’s great news.

This is the latest Press Release Regarding Lafourche Parish as of 6:00pm today
Lafourche Parish Lifts Daytime Curfew

Advises of Road Closure

(Mathews, LA) – At the request of the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office, Lafourche Parish President Charlotte A. Randolph has announced that a nighttime curfew will be enforced effective tonight until further notice from Lockport to Golden Meadow between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.

Road conditions are such that this is necessary for safety. Without electricity roadways are dark and hazards are difficult to see during the nighttime hours.

Please take note of the key road closures in the interest of public safety.

Motorists from Larose to the southern boundary of the parish are able to move freely throughout the area where roads are safe and passable, however there are still several important road closures in effect until further notice.

LA 1 and LA 308 is CLOSED from Lockport to Larose due to downed power poles across the roadway.
LA 1 south of the Leon Theriot Floodgates is CLOSED due to inundation.
Burma Road in the St. Charles Community is CLOSED due to rising water.

“We understand that residents want to get home to check on their families and properties, but we ask that they do so safely and to please be patient while crews work to restore electricity and make travel safe in all areas of the parish,” President Randolph said.

While travel throughout the parish is allowed, residents are strongly advised that all road closures will be strictly enforced.

We’re rode the storm out up the bayou in larose. Roads are shut down but nothing major this way. Hopefully more updates to come. I’m ready to get back to sea.

Yep, that’s where the knuckle boom crane we have onboard the Bayou Bee was located. I by no means intended for the pix to be “bunk” pix. Just simply trying to show some damage created by Isaac.

We are on our way back to Fourchon. Are they letting marine traffic back in the port??

Thanks to everyone for the updates. Great job on pictures and post we are stuck in larose and have heard the only passage available for now is through Morgan city

I looked at vessel traffic and it seems vessels are already going in…

I just tied up in Fourchon and it don’t look bad.

Yep, looks pretty good. #1 and 2 are pushed east, but otherwise looks like it’ll bounce back quickly.

Be careful out there. We just went by a jack up drill rig that is dark and cold.