Pay scale, Engineering

[QUOTE=tengineer;93448]I know of one company paying 1AE $210,000, Chief $275,000+[/QUOTE]

For some reason over here, they have diminshed the 1 A/E pay and do not pay him or treat him the same as a Mechanical Supervisor, its really a shame, but thats how it is over here.
Our C/E with his yearly bonus, retention and taxes will make over $300k.

1 Like

<------Clearly waisting time and losing money on ATBā€™s. Guess Iā€™m gonna have to resort to bribery, compromising photos, or other means of blackmail on some HR Recruiters!

1 Like

US GOM Drilling Rig

3 A/E

$100,000 usd/yr

2 A/E

$120,000

1 A/E

140,000 Salary plus 10K Annual Bonus

1 Like

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;93435]Not much on Gulf OSVā€™s and Foreign work posted :([/QUOTE]

Not to sound like a wise ass but the GOM pay scale for OSVā€™s have been beat slap to death on here.

But to refresh your memory, it all will depend on what size license you hold, and which company you can get hired on with. If you only hold a DDE no 6000 ITC or such, starting pay at most will be for a day rate of roughly 500 to 600 a day.

If you have the chief limited and the 6000 ITC depends on which company again, the top 3 which I shouldnā€™t have to name, once again all have been mentioned daily on here, expcet to top out in the 850 a day range. Some of the speciality boats will be a little higher, but you generaly have to be with said company for a little while to get these spots. Anchor handlers, dive, some IMR and MPSV will be a little higher. Longevity pay, some pay a little more for being on over a certain size boat, there are a few other things that can raise or lower that number.

The couple boats that do require an unlimited chief (there are only a couple in the GOM) 900 to 1100 a day, once again it depends on which company, longevity, and several other things. Benefits for GOM companies are way behind the drilling companies. Some are better than others. Some have a decent writen benefit package. Others have what I call a unwritten benefit package, that can be good if you are at least a small asset to the company.

Once again these numbers are day rates. Depends on which schedule you want to work as to what your yearly salary will be. There is every schedule you can possibly imiganie available, and the benefits vary greatly with each company.

1 Like

Gulf OSV

Day rates 28/14
$700 Training Engineer
$750 Third engineer
$750/850 Relief C/E
$850 C/E

[QUOTE=Reliable Engineer;93757]Gulf OSV

Day rates 28/14
$700 Training Engineer
$750 Third engineer
$750/850 Relief C/E
$850 C/E[/QUOTE]

Dont forget 75+ more per day if you are on an anchor boat.

DDE4000hp is included in these rates. So as a DDE 4000 you make the same as an Unlimited Chief unless you work on an anchor boat or, as stated above, an unlimited sized ship.

1 Like

But you only get the $75 more when the boat is running anchors. Anchor boat at the dock = supply boat pay.

1 Like

what is the average daily rate for a Qmed

$300-$400 depending on the company.

1 Like

Remember in a perfect world: An engineer should be the highest paid person on the vessel and do the least amount of work, the chief will have his cigars rolled by the captain and placed in the chiefs humidor daily, the mate will iron and starch the engineers boiler suits (Port Arthur Tuxedos), second mate will make all engineers beds and clean their heads too, the 3rd mate will snorkel out the MSD with the captains vacuum monthly,
A mate is like a neighbor. I was installing new front door lights for my wife. My neighbor says,ā€œWow, you know how to do that.ā€ I tell them is really difficult, you need a professional to do it.

1 Like

East coast based tug and barge company; spent most of my time in the gulf though
A/E $415 / day + $45 every day you work for travel
C/E $515 / day + $45 every day you work for travel

You pay your own way to and from the boat.

1 Like

Low end GOM supply boats <500GT:

DDE 4000 = $500/day

DDE Unlimited = $510/day

As I said, [B]low end[/B].

1 Like

Rumors have raises coming for beginning of 2014 for licensed officers.

I was under the impression that in order to be an officer, you needed a license.(of some sort)

Clearly the barge captain title blows that up haha (I know, I know, they donā€™t have them on OSVs)

Chief Engineer, Reduced Operating Status (ROS) for MSC contracted ships are approximately $367 a day. No vacation pay or anything while on ROS.
Chief Engineer, Full Operating Status (FOS) for MSC contracted ships are approximately $1,050 a day including vacation pay, and other benefit pay.

3 Likes

Knowing your industry and worth is always of value.
Some choose to be blind and thatā€™s okay.
Safe sailing to you.

Looking back in history at this pay shows why many of the $$ chasers abandoned their union to go to the gulf in the prime.

Sadly, I heard many of the unions let these people come back when the oil jobs crashed and they did not have much of a hit in their seniority. Of course, this was hearsay, so I canā€™t confirm it.

The unions pay well. They may not be the top pay during the peak, but they pay stays fairly consistent during the slow times. At least thatā€™s what I gather from all the people I talk to.

1 Like