Paul Candies of Otto Candies Dies

Someone told me he spent the day before his death fishing in the Gulf.

Paul B. Candies, 72, died July 21, 2013, life long resident of Des Allemands, LA. Visitation from 1PM until Memorial Service time at St. Joseph Co-Cathedral Life Center in Thibodaux, LA. on Wednesday, July 24, 2013. Memorial Services will be at 4PM Wednesday at the church, with burial in St. Joseph Cemetery. He is survived by his wife of 48 years, Rita Daigle Candies; sons, Paul B. “PB” Candies, II and wife Anne Hymel Candies and Brett M. Candies and wife Kimberly Revels Candies; brothers, Otto B. Candies, Jr. and Kevin S. Candies; grandchildren, Devin, Cade and Mary Frances Candies. He was preceded in death by his parents, Otto B. Candies and Agnes Hatty Candies. In lieu of flowers the family request instead donations to NSU Foundation/John Folse Culinary Institute P.O. Box 2074, Thibodaux, LA 70310, E.D. White Catholic High School Band 555 Cardinal Drive, Thibodaux, LA 70301, NOCCA Institute (New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts) 2800 Chartres St., New Orleans, LA 70117 and Racers for Christ P.O. Box 1208, Gilbert, AZ 85299. Landry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

[QUOTE=Mikey;115385]Someone told me he spent the day before his death fishing in the Gulf.[/QUOTE]

Paul was a good guy, condolences to his family. I worked for them as an AB 1992-94 when OC and Gulf Coast Transit had the South America grain runs - fun times.

Strange that some reports have Paul listed as president but I was always was under the impression that Otto Jr. was president of OCLLC and Paul and Kevin were each VPs?

[QUOTE=c.captain;115401]Strange that some reports have Paul listed as president but I was always was under the impression that Otto Jr. was president of OCLLC and Paul and Kevin were each VPs?[/QUOTE]

Based on their Organizational Chart he was the President and CFO.
http://www.ottocandies.com/org-chart-2013.html

My condolences to the Candies family and friends.

[QUOTE=Wrecker3;115407]Based on their Organizational Chart he was the President and CFO.
http://www.ottocandies.com/org-chart-2013.html[/QUOTE]

Talk about a family operation, there’s a lot of Candies on that chart…

Working in a system like that, lots of good family decisions, bad business decisions.

Not necessarily the case at OC.

Just tired of that shit.