Passed 500 Ton Masters Finally!

Attaboy! That’s a good feeling…walking out of the REC with a grin instead of “the long face”. Hard word and perserverence paid off. Go make some money!

Hey Cappy, I feel your pain. Things that used to penetrate my cranium and stay now bounce off and land on deck. In fact, some of the stuff that DID penetrate has begun to leak.

Nemo

[QUOTE=cappy208;83548]Congrats. Got any tips since you just went through it? Share with any other newbie coming along. Sometimes us old fahrts forget the little nuances of the exams![/QUOTE]

Nav gen and Deck safety were very straight forward, just go through practice questions. Deck general was a little tougher, know how to get through CFRs, I spent a few hours just practicing finding anwsers in the ships dictionary. These 4-5 questions can easily be the difference between a 60 somthing which is common sense and the passing 70. Rules is rules, know them. Terrestrial work all the practice tests, got a 100 easily there were no curve balls at all, very straight forward questions, one of each kind. All I can say about nav plotting is sharpen your pencil, take your time and read read re read the questions. Even if confidence is high try and get familliar with the tough plotting tests, chesepeake bay #3 and Block Island test with the running fix and the tidal problem! Good luck