500/1600 ton NC upgrade material

I have been following the posts on study material for 500/1600 NC upgrade and a lot of people have suggested Lapware or CD options. I agree these are great and work well for most but not everyone has that option. Does anyone have suggestions for books and other hard copy material that can help?

Captain Murphy’s books. They are a book version of Lapware which was developed by Captain Murphy as well. The downside to the books alone is that they do not come with explanations for the solutions. Lapware for me has worked great. If you have a computer and 75 dollars a month I highly recommend it.

1 Like

I didn’t use the Murphy books much because the material included everything up to Unlimited Master and really didn’t define the materials that I needed to study.

Capt. Joe’s was great because is was on CD with no monthly charges or need for internet access. Also excellent solutions for the problems that you can print out an put in a three ring binder. And he was responsive via email to questions and clarifications

PM me if you want a lightly used set of Murphy’s Book. Half price, plus shipping.

Good luck!

I agree with Water as well. I have also used Capt. Joe’s program and was satisfied with the quality of instruction, however; I can’t comment on interaction with the instructor. Either way I have heard great things about both programs from others. Best of luck!

[QUOTE=tfederer;85232]I have been following the posts on study material for 500/1600 NC upgrade and a lot of people have suggested Lapware or CD options. I agree these are great and work well for most but not everyone has that option. Does anyone have suggestions for books and other hard copy material that can help?[/QUOTE] The only books that I have studied with are the ones you get from the class rooms at Maritime institutes,I have a disk with thousands of questions on it that I used when I upgraded to 1600 Master this past June,I offer it for 50 bucks and I can email it to you in a zip folder if you would want to study some that way.

Thank you all for your input! Im already working with LAPware and other electronic study material but I am just curious about hard copy, analog type material. Believe it or not, I just enjoy collecting that kind of literature. Thanks again.

If you will send me your email I have a few items that will help .

Thank you all for the info! Just taking a break from studying now. Sorry for not replying sooner!