OSV company comparisons

Just wondering the good the bad and the ugly is about the big dogs. I’ve been searching through these forums for awhile now and it seems things are beginning to be different as far as scheduling, benefits, pay, travel, ect. My biggest question is about quality of life with these companies. Are you treated well? Are you promised a day to get off and that day seems to come and go?

[QUOTE=GLMAscott;98150]My biggest question is about quality of life with these companies. Are you treated well? Are you promised a day to get off and that day seems to come and go?[/QUOTE]

The company I work for has treated me very well.

Best thing to do is get your foot in the door with any company, then keep your ears open. Get to know the companies, and get some experience so you are more attractive to where ever it is you want to end up.

Just remember you are not necessarily making a long term decision when you hire on with your first company.

Great advise, thanks!

[QUOTE=GLMAscott;98159]Great advise, thanks![/QUOTE]

Glad to help a Great Lakes mariner.

My home is on Lake Superior.

I have learn by working for the big three in GOM that there is a big differance in the way we are treated and the way the big three see some issues. Also there is a big differance in reputation of the companies and this effects the boat crews much more than is noted by the company and the crews.