Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private

July 1st someone posted study guides for rules of the road I downloaded 2 pdf file on my phone but there was more information…Good information and i can’t seem to find it again now that i am home and not offshore. after googling one of the pdf files i think it found the page
https://forum.gcaptain.com/t/study-guides/55892/2

but i am getting the above error. anyone bookmark the topic or remember those files being posted?

Can’t help you on your missing link I’m afraid.
You don’t need a study guide for the Rules.
You need your own copy of the Rules that you can carry around with you all the time that you are at sea.
And when you aren’t at sea.
And then you can pick it up at any time and read, learn and inwardly digest it.
Kind of like learning your times table off by heart, one day it all just clicks.
Then you get to learn how to apply it all!
I mean, it is considerably smaller than the Bible, The Koran, the Talmud (that might be a recipe, not sure) and whatever the Jedi had for bedtime reading.
Use a pencil and paper and draw your own vector diagrams; amazingly helpful.
And remember, Mark 1 Eyeball, always the most reliable instrument that you have at your disposal.
Look out the frigging window!
Obviously somewhat difficult if you are on a submarine (see other thread about that).

1 Like

I always keep my windows clean, in spite of Bear dog.

I want to say thank you for your answer but with respect i am not looking to make shit harder then it has to be. I did meet up with a female deck hand and she did point me to the us capt. training video she watched over and over she said she never even read the book. just watched the video over and over. Still i am always open to other ways of learning short cuts and what not.