OK now im scared

There is a great wealth of info here and maybe im reading to much into it. For me to upgrade to 500T NC I have taken the following classes.

Bridge resource mgmt
Vessel safety officer
Adv Fire
Medical care provider

Im studying Flashing light (why this is still required I have no idea)

I have :
200 Ton Master, NC
Mate of Towing, NC
ARPA
Radar U/L
STCW BST
RFPNW
TWIC
AB special w/ lifeboatman ltd

Once I do flashing light I should be ready to apply to the CG to test, right?? You guys have me scared now…

Thanks.

[QUOTE=KennyW1983;46079]There is a great wealth of info here and maybe im reading to much into it. For me to upgrade to 500T NC I have taken the following classes.

Bridge resource mgmt
Vessel safety officer
Adv Fire
Medical care provider

Im studying Flashing light (why this is still required I have no idea)

I have :
Mate of Towing, NC
ARPA
Radar U/L
STCW BST
RFPNW
TWIC
AB special w/ lifeboatman ltd

Once I do flashing light I should be ready to apply to the CG to test, right?? You guys have me scared now…

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Don’t bother with Flashing Light unless you’re applying for an Oceans route.

That sounds great, but with what im reading up here about the new licenseing structure the cg plans I would be better off getting a 500 Oceans and up gradeing to 1600 asap.

When they do git rid of the 200-500 licenses will I have to retake all of my tests to get my 1600 or will I be able to upgrade with my time like the current system without retesting?

I don’t know off the top of my head. You said you’re going to apply for 500 NC which is why I suggested that you not bother with flashing light.

There’s nothing to be scared about… that is unless you have any medical issues.

Did you see the thread on upgrading to 500 T? There is a checklist in the first thread:

I suspect you will need the FL. Most everyone in the class I took was going NC. And it is not a big deal to get through the FL class.

Yup I was planing on taking it. As far as classes I thought I was done once I got flashing light, I guess I can just send my stuff off to the CG and see what they say. If I have to take more ill just have to take them.

I didn’t see Basic Firefiighting on your accomplishments, or maybe it isn’t required anymore.
Good Luck!

Ya I have my letter to test in hand.

[QUOTE=KennyW1983;61042]Ya I have my letter to test in hand.[/QUOTE]

did you pass?

No Im no where near ready yet.