Offshore slash and burn tactics

Ill change the subject, Price of eggs are up again!

[QUOTE=CETOOT70;165275]Ill change the subject, Price of eggs are up again![/QUOTE]

Careful there, our resident Queen B***h might take offense in the fact that these eggs were taken from a Female Bird and that is not fair and these said Female Birds are treat different from the Males and GOD forbid if they are from a Southern State as that will open another can of Worms. Oh Crap, now we will have to make sure that ALL the worms were treated equally no matter what sex they are.

“Every boat I’ve been on, its shared air tanks. The same air tanks for compressed air for air tools, pneumatic valves etc.”

OK Cajaya. Now I know you are full of it and haven’t been on enough boats to comment on this intelligently. Most bigger boats(not coon ass OSV’s) have totally separate starting air systems. Tanks, compressors and piping.

I broke my own rule and I never should’ve taken the bait. I bow down to her superior intellect and I am now backing away slowly. I want to go back to arguing with c.scooter as it is far easier to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

[QUOTE=Yeasty McFlaps;165281]“Every boat I’ve been on, its shared air tanks. The same air tanks for compressed air for air tools, pneumatic valves etc.”

OK Cajaya. Now I know you are full of it and haven’t been on enough boats to comment on this intelligently. Most bigger boats(not coon ass OSV’s) have totally separate starting air systems. Tanks, compressors and piping.[/QUOTE]

Ok yes you are right. It is like that on [I]ships[/I]. I have not been on a ship for a long time and I forgot about that. Every OSV I have been on, uses the same air.

[QUOTE=Jamesbrown;165274]page 86 (pdf page) of the linked–from what you describe----maybe it looks like that?

http://www.catoilandgasinfo.com/_downloads/lebw0006-00.pdf[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jamesbrown, that looks like the set up of the C280’s that I worked with. So I guess it is official, don’t turn the starting air off to a modern C280 when in operations.

[QUOTE=Sand_Pebble;165284]Thanks Jamesbrown, that looks like the set up of the C280’s that I worked with. So I guess it is official, don’t turn the starting air off to a modern C280 when in operations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kinda wish it was all over too, but…

The setup looks OK, meaning no prohibition I can see in drawing supplied air in this manner to systems involved (though one could argue independence)- but I don’t see why it would lead to propulsion shutdown. If it is–it’s clearly something in the ECM responding to that one sensor, why? And that’s not something I’m used to seeing, where a shutdown is involved, should be a separate sensor generally. And loss of control or safety power sources (whether air/hydraulic/electric/combo) should not lead to the shutdown, or alter the speed and direction of propulsion prime mover. The OMD connection explains draining the pressure–while the engine running, with the main valve closed, the OMD still uses the air, leading to the progressive alarms of low start to low operating to the ‘engine stop failure’ you noted earlier. (OMD shouldn’t shut down once the air is gone–should just error code the loss of pressure and not engage the shutdown relay.)

Only thing I can figure is that there may be a FMEA choice (and ECM code) to shut the engine down on loss of the ability to close the guillotine–since no other control would work in the one situation where fuel shutoff won’t do anything, runaway due to combustible atmosphere—but this seems an odd choice of least drastic outcomes when you’d be stopping a running propulsion engine with no restart possibility if the automation sensed a loss of start air on anything other than intentional shutting of the valve. Suppose the original FMEA would say–nothing in that document suggests this kind of reaction for sensor and safety setpoints…

But, empirical observations mean more than any of this speculation --especially on a friday-- and your final conclusion to not turn a valve that shuts down an engine seems pretty sound.

y’all come on back now but I don’t know about that unarmed part…my arsenal is filled with a whole array of weapons with no other purpose other that to inflict maximum pain and suffering

you and I should develop a new videogame centered on characters all armed with pointy sticks!

• Updated - - -

how about the price of explosives?

So how about unions. I don’t see why companies can’t just let people be in a union for the purpose of having a pension and then just have really loosely written contracts like some of the smaller companies. That way they can still do what ever fucked up shit they want, but at least their people will have a solid retirement plan.

HOT DIGGITY!

Hey, it’s Friday today which means all you can cram in your gullet deep fried everything that flies, crawls, slithers or swims supper!

AAAAAAAAAH!

Damn I just made several pans of gluten free pizza but now I’m wishing I coulda hit that buffet instead.

what is that pile in the farthest tray? I think I see tentacles in there…

Looks like soft shell crab and maybe claws

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;165319]Looks like soft shell crab and maybe claws[/QUOTE]

pity it’s not deepfried squid!

got tartar?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;165309]Damn I just made several pans of gluten free pizza but now I’m wishing I coulda hit that buffet instead.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what is a gluten? I keep hearing it is bad for you. I thought gluten was the stuff in wheat that made bread and bread has been around longer than me or maybe even c.captain. Why is it that gluten, a.k.a. bread, is suddenly bad for us?
I have noticed that if you eat well,don’t smoke [tobacco], avoid too much alcohol or mind altering drugs and exercise regularly you die anyway.

For people with celiac disease it is bad for them to eat it.

My wife and son are allergic to it, their symptoms range from contact dermatitis to bloody diarrhea. Since we can’t have anything in the house containing it I quit eating it to. I found that not eating it for 3 weeks then going to work and consuming it messed my guts up. I would start having blinding headaches and the trots. Once I cut it completely from my diet I dropped 20 lbs without trying. Come to find out I had a mild intolerance to it myself causing joint inflammation. My knees and back never felt better. It sucks not being able to go out to eat and vacations can be a pain as I have to precook food and bring it with us.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;165346]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten

My wife and son are allergic to it, their symptoms range from contact dermatitis to bloody diarrhea. Since we can’t have anything in the house containing it I quit eating it to. I found that not eating it for 3 weeks then going to work and consuming it messed my guts up. I would start having blinding headaches and the trots. Once I cut it completely from my diet I dropped 20 lbs without trying. Come to find out I had a mild intolerance to it myself causing joint inflammation. My knees and back never felt better. It sucks not being able to go out to eat and vacations can be a pain as I have to precook food and bring it with us.[/QUOTE]

If you can find normal flour made from wheat which is grown the old fashioned way and made your own bread do you think it would make a difference? Have you and your family suffered your entire life from these symptoms? It sounds to me like there is something in the bread being made now that is making people sick that never existed before. For centuries bread was the staple of life but now it makes people sick? That is scary.

My wife could better explain it to you than I ever could. I’m gonna go with GMO and highly processed wheat as a cause. All I know is we stay away from it and no one gets sick anymore.