Offshore Medical Jobs (EMT/Paramedic, RN)

I am an experienced prehospital Emergency Medical Services provider (having worked in suburban 911 system for 20+ years), and an Emergency/Trauma Nurse. I have experience in the maritime environment in the Navy. I am looking for opportunities to work off shore - not as a cruise ship nurse, and not with MSC as a medical officer. Looking to see if anyone know of any recourses to search for jobs. I would prefer the northeaster US area. Thanks in advance.

Hey, unfortunately jobs like that do not exist. There may be opportunities in the oil and gas industry, in the GOM, and in the few places you mentioned that you weren’t interested in, like MSC. If you have experience working as a Nurse, that’s probably a far better opportunity anyway.

1 Like

I don’t know if they have any need for people in NE USA, but International SOS supplies Medics to Drilling Rigs and other Offshore and Onshore operations worldwide:

1 Like

Look at companies like Pharmasafe and Xstreme MD. Companies in the GOM source medics for vessels and platforms through those companies. Be prepared to do double duty as a logistics coordinator/clerk and a lot of data entry.

2 Likes

All of the drill ships in the GOM carry a medic 24/7, generally 21days on/off. Companies like Transocean, Seadrill, EnscoRowan I think directly employ their medics. Almost all I worked with have a similar background as far as being on a fire/ambulance squad while at home.

1 Like

Ombugge was onto it. A lot of Seismic survey companies use SOS. Ships are equipped with all the equipment including ECG machines.

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

You can also go to Seadrill’s page, Volaris’s page, Noble’s page, etc and see if any of them are also hiring medics right now.

1 Like