Official DP seatime letter request?

Are companies required by law to give you an Official DP sea service letter upon request?

[QUOTE=Octane;142753]Are companies required by law to give you an Official DP sea service letter upon request?[/QUOTE]

The NI is not a regulatory body like USCG or MCA , therefore a DP certificate is not a license.

One leading to another… No.

They are not and if you quit somewhere make sure to get the letter before you leave! I made that mistake and it was only through the good nature of an old co-ordinator that I was able to get one.

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;142935]They are not and if you quit somewhere make sure to get the letter before you leave! I made that mistake and it was only through the good nature of an old co-ordinator that I was able to get one.[/QUOTE]

True. They are not. But any company that refuses to provide the letter is a pretty shabby outfit. It would be worth reporting them to the NI. A company that would cheat by refusing a letter is pro sanely a company that would cheat by writing fraudulent letters. Who knows, it would take forever, but the NI might make unpleasant inquiries or subject that company’s letters to extra scrutiny.

Also it would worthwhile to publicly shame that company and warn the rest of us right here on gcaptain.