Norway is really awesome

As we mourn the death of a true, gentleman and modest war hero, the largest NATO exercise since the 1980s has kicked off:

Picture of the Master I think. Lovely ship. Last one I cadetted on. Made me proud to be norwegian xD

Not a veteran ship or boat, just a veteran semi-diesel keeping the beat:

Who need Rock n’ Roll when you have polka for accordion, fiddle and 12 hp SAAB??

Lovely! I believe that’s a Sabb, not a Saab.

http://www.nordsabb.dk/files/Sabb/Brochure%20DK/Sabb12hk.pdf

Yes you are right. I should know, I owned a boat with a 3 Hp Sabb in my very young and tender days.

Norway call in civilian ship to assist during the large NATO exercise Trident Juncture that have just been completed here in Norway:

The PSV Stril Mar was chartered in from the North Sea spot market pool at competitive rates in competition with other available PSVs in Norway and Scotland. No need to re-activate a mothballed vessel, find crews to man her, or to pay any premium rates for this short assignment.

A new invention that CAN revolutionise the Subsea industry (and reduce the need for CSVs):

I don’t know how many “revolutionary new inventions” have been developed during the downturn, but it is many. Now they hope to cash in on the upturn.

UPDATE:
A small software company in Skudeneshavn, Norway has secure a major contract with Tidewater:

The first manned production platform in the Norwegian Sector to be remotely controlled from shore will be a reality in the near future: