Noble drilling

Anyone have experience with Noble drilling? They have rig electrician positions open on their website. I just applied to be a second electrician with MSC, but I need a plan B just in case. The position stated that they are on a 21/21 or 28/28 rotation. I’m not sure how different working on an oil rig would compare to an aircraft carrier or destroyer that I have experience with. Any thoughts?

You would probably get paid a lot better and have much more time off. The only upside to MSC is you get to see the world, assuming you are assigned a ship that actually leaves Norfolk. Someone posted here a month it so ago that a rig electrician makes like $120,000 per year, that probably is much better than MSC would ever pay you and it is equal time.

[QUOTE=Capt. Schmitt;58701]You would probably get paid a lot better and have much more time off. The only upside to MSC is you get to see the world, assuming you are assigned a ship that actually leaves Norfolk. Someone posted here a month it so ago that a rig electrician makes like $120,000 per year, that probably is much better than MSC would ever pay you and it is equal time.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking along the same lines… Many rigs rotate 14/14, 21/21 and 28/28 from what I read. I have heard salaries from 90-120k for domestic and 120-150 for international. I am just looking for a change. Never thought 10 years of being in the Navy would make me miss the water and buying my own boat is not going to satisfy my need to be at sea… Thanks for commenting.

[QUOTE=Martilyo;58698]Anyone have experience with Noble drilling? They have rig electrician positions open on their website. I just applied to be a second electrician with MSC, but I need a plan B just in case. The position stated that they are on a 21/21 or 28/28 rotation. I’m not sure how different working on an oil rig would compare to an aircraft carrier or destroyer that I have experience with. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Apply for the Noble gig; MSC should be your Plan B, or C…

I am glad I have never had to nor hope I never have to work for MSC. I do a have a couple schoolmates that still like working there, but most of the ones that went out of school have moved on. Good luck to whatever job you get. In the end, work is better than no work.

Depends what you go on. I went to work for them in Brazil and I realized it was a bad move (after the fact). Old neglected drillship. They have some newer stuff coming out. So should be better. They still have a pretty high turnover.