No DHS funds means I can't test next week?

New to the forums, longtime reader but finally have a reason to join.

Got a call this morning from Meghan at REC Boston. She said I might not be allowed in to test like I had planned. Sounds like the RECS will be closed if this Homeland funding isn’t passed. I got until October to test but what if I’m underway? Can I test at another REC? Anyone else hearing this too?

[QUOTE=CapeCap;155633]New to the forums, longtime reader but finally have a reason to join.

Got a call this morning from Meghan at REC Boston. She said I might not be allowed in to test like I had planned. Sounds like the RECS will be closed if this Homeland funding isn’t passed. I got until October to test but what if I’m underway? Can I test at another REC? Anyone else hearing this too?[/QUOTE]

If you can’t test at one, you can’t test at any others for the same reason. I don’t know exactly what staff at RECs and NMCs will be furloughed, but it will likely be the same as the lock out in October 2013. Unless they stop flinging poop in the monkey house this evening, I’ll be furloughed also.

Thanks Mr.Cavo. Any chance you could let us know when you know? REC girl told me to check the NMC website but who knows if it will be updated in time. Here’s hoping you can still go to work and that I can test on Monday. Not holding my breath.

Time to consider rescheduling my flights this weekend. What a shame, I wanted to meet the REC Boston crew especially this Meghan. Oh yeah and take the test I’ve been readying for nearly a year now

I havent been paying attention to the news, so when rec la/lb emailed me a little while ago I was surprised too. My app expires mid april so all I can hope for is its resolved before then.

I believe they got funded through the end of the Fiscal year, so you should be golden.

(finally watching the news now, so I may be wrong!)

[QUOTE=catherder;155664]I believe they got funded through the end of the Fiscal year, so you should be golden.

(finally watching the news now, so I may be wrong!)[/QUOTE]

Nope. The House couldn’t even pass a (Republican introduced) bill to fund for 3 more weeks.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;155672]Nope. The House couldn’t even pass a (Republican introduced) bill to fund for 3 more weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yup you are right…I stand corrected.

I had my phone off most of the day.

Watching CNN now.

So does this mean that if someone has tested and needs to retake one part and has 35 days remaining, and things are still shut down by the 90 day period 35 days from now, that they have to take everything over again? Or will the 35 days remaining to test start over again when things get back to normal? I understand that if a federal holiday, falls in between testing days, or if the REC shuts down due to inclement weather, that the mariner is then allowed to test the next day that the REC is open. Although thins is altogether a different creature.

Sounds like they voted for funding for seven days. Just need Obama to sign it.

I was wondering if this was an omen to postpone my testing anyway…but time is of the essence and my app expires mid april!

[QUOTE=Ctony;155694]Sounds like they voted for funding for seven days. Just need Obama to sign it.

I was wondering if this was an omen to postpone my testing anyway…but time is of the essence and my app expires mid april![/QUOTE]

Better test this week, or plan to be in limbo again. They couldn’t agree to a 3-week extension. How likely it is that they will agree to the rest of the year? A week just gives them more time to blame the other side.

Glad I didn’t cancel my flights. It looks like this week will be the only one I have to test (for sure). Now, what are the chances they can mail me that upgrade before the week runs out?! Mr. Cavo I’m glad you get to keep working too, but I hope these idiots give you more than one week of work at a time.

Now I just have to hope this Meghan is as sweet in person as she is on the phone, I could use a boost when those test nerves take over! Haha

Looks like if anyone is planning on testing anytime before september we should be ok. According to CNN at least.