News flash - hot off the wire: east coast chief mate arrested

Thanks for the update Captain. Just reinforces my belief that 15% of the outfits problem is in the fleet and 85% is in the Norfolk office.

You give the office more credit than I. More like 95 percent office screw up, and 5 percent ship. But agreed the office has the lion’s share.

[ul]
[li]I always remembered the MSC wiper that so enjoyed his “Codeine Coolers” … red wine with a cough syrup shooter. Packed him off before he hurt someone.
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Or the new AB that showed up at the gangway with 68 different prescriptions (yes - we counted them) in his luggage.
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Or the cook that blew the door off the oven by cooking an unopened #10 can of beans. The day the ship was delivered from the yard.
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Or the electrican that enjoyed his smokes during UNREP - in the pump motor room. Moron.
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Or the unknown idiot that dumped several #10 cans of cashews down the toilet when the captain announced he was going to search for the stolen cashews. Well, the engineers found 'em.
[/li][/ul]

Oh well - it was fun at the time … movin’ on.

[QUOTE=KennyW1983;70919]Why would someone who makes that much money steal something? Stupid.[/QUOTE]

I know a guy called Captain Klepto who makes BIG$$ as a drillship captain who was run off a drillship for stealing a crew bag. Not his first offense just the one that got him caught. He wasn’t fired either, just transferred. When he left Transocean to go to Ensco the boys in the Houston office held a party.

Rumor is his wife runs the port of Mobile, AL and if you visit his house you can see stolen fire monitors hooked up to water his lawn .

[QUOTE=Xmsccapt(ret);71946]Oh, it gets better. Word from an east coast contact that shall remain nameless: Seems this particular chief mate shop lifted a comic book at the navy exchange. Problem is, the event was recorded on tape. Also when the security guard tried to check his bag the chief mate ran out into I flat out told him to get back to the base because the streets of Norfolk were a mighty dangerous place for him. He scurried out of there like the rat he is and never came back.

Oops. That answer of mine above somehow got screwed up. I really need to learn how to use a computer!

[ul]
[li]Or the unknown idiot that dumped several #10 cans of cashews down the toilet when the captain announced he was going to search for the stolen cashews. Well, the engineers found 'em.
[/li][/ul]

[B]OMG that’s funny… that’s probably more expensive than flushing dope… how many 10lb. cans of cashews can you eat ? must have been a 6+ month hitch…

That is just too funny.[/B]