Chief Mate Upgrade... the latest

If anyone in the blogsphere has taken the CMM exam in the past 6 months please send me a pm or a post on here… I have a couple specific questions.

the Management Level classes have been going well at MITAGS & Mid-Atlantic Maritime; only a couple more left. planning on examination in June.

a quick check in to you all at gcaptain… been a while.

Helix ESG is good.

finishing up the CMM upgrade, sent in paperwork to USCG NMC, good/fast communications. passed all screenings, gotta submit my last couple assessments and certs. testing in June right near home at Battery Park Building: hell yeah, good vibes from those Staten Island Ferry prolonged blasts every 20 minutes. rattle the windows and keep me focussed.

studying now, such a trip. Murphy books mostly. remembering how to do all those calculations. got a few old Lapware tests from some of you, otherwise reading Bowditch Vol 2 and thats FUN. talk about a sex life killer: reading that stuff in bed…

already did flashing light… didn’t it used to be 6 or 7 wpm back in the 90’s? mine was like 2 wpm… slow.

industry seems to be getting busier out here in Green Canyon 237. see a number of Seacor Anchor Boats, Chouest boats, & crew boats. in any event traffic is up in these past couple months.

if any of you guys work on the tanker Seabulk Challenge, yeah, thats us in your way every tuesday and saturday. its been a year and, yes, we are still a RAM vessel on DP and request a 1 nm CPA. jeeze. :wink:

fair winds.

Why didyou pay MITGAS forthe courses? Just ask JCavo, the courses aren’trequired anymore.Niether are the OICNW courses required.

[QUOTE=TOWINGINTOTHE SUN;49958]Why didyou pay MITGAS forthe courses? Just ask JCavo, the courses aren’trequired anymore.Niether are the OICNW courses required.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

mitags was good, but i enjoyed mid atlantic maritime a bit more. in any event i would recommend both locations…

yes, i ignored towingintothesun’s comment. seemed irrelevent.

[QUOTE=richard8000milesaway;49965]mitags was good, but i enjoyed mid atlantic maritime a bit more. in any event i would recommend both locations…[/QUOTE]

Really, I thought Mitags would be hard to beat. I thought their instructors were top-notch. Mid-Atlantic was not an option for me at the time - not around, or at least approved at the time.

Hey Richard , long time no talk…

I noticed you only mentioned sex once and boobs not at all…You must be focused…:slight_smile:

lmfao. u r right. i’ve got tides, ex-meridians, and angle of loll on my mind… but now that you mention it…

anchorman, yes, mitags really has it down pat: great instructors. classrooms. nice campus. museum. cute conference ladies (boobs & beer) walking around (I was there for a teachers conference and also a dietitians conference: hot bodies flirty women in their 30’s) and in my case, lots of union friends from over the decades. also easy AMTRAK connection from manhattan, 2.5 hours straight down from pennsylvania station. taxi to train station, train. (boobs & beer). mitags van waiting for me at train station: bada bing bitches.

BUT, Mid-Atlantic was cool too and should not be ignored as an option. Very MSC oriented which was cool in a way. it is a much smaller school so any input is appreciated more and I definitely got the feeling that I was a valued (boobs & beer) customer. very good intructors, again mostly from MSC. they have a cool new Transas simulator. they were very flexible about dates and such…

both good schools with similar (boobs & beer) costs. mitags maybe a bit more but i honestly wasn’t counting my pennies, sorry.

going to do ship mgmt at mid-atlantic (5 days) then that manned (boobs & beer) module class at Mass Maritime with an old captain & friend of mine from the 1990’s: Captain Richard “RED” Shannon from Lowell Mass.

after that (boobs & beer) EXAM. late june??

:cool:

Thats more like it…All is right in the world (boobs and beer)!!

I just got done with PMI, MITAGS west coast facility and I can say the same…Had a great time there…The instructors are all very accomplished mariners,with a wide variety of backgrounds …

Richard , I have several practice exams but you are testing at a higher level and don’t think they will do you much good…your call…Drop a PM if you want some…

Back to the books now, see ya…