Navy Credit for sea tine

Wondering if I can get credit for Navy time at sea./
thanks

Yes the CG will use some of your sea time. But it all depends on your rate and qualification

Check out USCG Marine Safety Manual chapter two, (Google it)

And you should document your sea service with a “Statement of Credible Sea Service” issued by the Navy.

And it takes weeks to get. Like 8-12. Only about 12 ratings apply. Then you have to test or goto school .

Coast Guard only credits up to 60% of Navy sea time and is based upon, as boats67 stated, qualifications and ratings in the USN. Make sure you have a DD214 as well as the Statement of Credible Sea Service suggested by Robert. You should also try to get a document showing your actual assignments for Duty, including actual dates underway. Its a Giant pain in the ass. A friend of mine has been dealing with them for 8 months trying to get QMED as an engineman, and finally gave up and got an Entry Level MMD because it was quicker to work the 120 (12) hour days to get QMED. Good Luck.

[quote=brokerron;82647]wondering if i can get credit for navy time at sea./
thanks[/quote]

of course you can be an ab right away…

No you can’t, certainly not without credible sea service satisfying the following:

AB Unlimited – 1080 days deck service on Oceans or Great Lakes.
		AB Limited – 540 days deck service on vessels 100 GRT or over, notexclusive to rivers & smaller inland lakes of the U.S.
		AB Special – 360 days deck service on any navigable waters of the U.S.
		AB OSV – 180 days deck service on any navigable waters of the U.S.
		AB Fishing – 180 days of deck service on any navigable waters of the U.S.“Combi” is not deck service (Valid only on fish processing vessels.)
		AB Sail – 180 days of deck service on sailing school or equivalent sail vesselson any navigable waters of the U.S. (Valid only on sailing school vessels.)
		AB MODU – 360 days of service on vessels 65 feet or over on any navigablewaters of the U.S.

It’s a screwed up deal to say the least, the ratings listed in some cases haven’t existed for decades…But if you self document your 20 ft row boat you’re in…can’t you tell this still pisses me off! LOL, more gov’t BS!

[QUOTE=mtskier;83422]It’s a screwed up deal to say the least, the ratings listed in some cases haven’t existed for decades…[/QUOTE]

The guy retiring today might have served on those billets a decade ago. The table is to credit the service for the guy getting out of the Navy today, not the guy going in today.

Radarman…?