Navigation & Deck General approved courses

I am looking for a maritime school which provides either a one-day or two-day course that satisfies just the 207xx requirement for upgrade to Master 500GT Oceans endorsement. Some schools provide courses which satisfy both the 206xx and the 207xx module requirements, but do not offer a separate course to satisfy only the 207xx requirement. Does anyone know which schools provide such a one/two day course to satisfy the 207xx module requirement? The NMC catalog of appoved courses is confusing as to which approved course would be needed.

[B]80-hour Celestial Navigation Course

[/B]
[ul]
[li][I]Any applicant who has successfully completed your 80-hour [/I][I]Celestial [/li][/I][I]Navigation [/I][I]course will [/I][I]either [/I][I]satisfy the celestial [/I][I]navigation problems
[/I][I]examination [/I][I]requirements to increase [/I][I]the scope [/I][I]of a license [/I][I]as Mate
[/I][I]500/1600 Gross Tons from [/I][I]Near Coastal to Oceans (exam module
[/I][I]186XX); [/I][I]OR satisfy the [/I][I]Celestial Navigation [/I][I]problems examination
[/I][I]requirements to [/I][I]increase [/I][I]the scope of [/I][I]a license as Master [/I][I]500/1600
[/I][I]Gross [/I][I]Tons from Near Coastal to Oceans (exam [/I][I]module 206XX). [/I][U][I]This
[/I][I]course will not [/I][I]satisfy the Navigation General or Deck & [/I][I]Navigation
[/I][I]General [/I][I]examination[/I] requirements to increase the scope of a license as
Mate or Master 500/1600 Gross Tons from Near Coastal to Oceans (exam
modules 187XX or 207XX). [/U][B]Block 207 is Nav General Oceans ext of route only 20 question 70% [/B]I don’t think you can take that block at a school? hope that helps.

[/ul]

[QUOTE=brouss1965;32911]I am looking for a maritime school which provides either a one-day or two-day course that satisfies just the 207xx requirement for upgrade to Master 500GT Oceans endorsement. Some schools provide courses which satisfy both the 206xx and the 207xx module requirements, but do not offer a separate course to satisfy only the 207xx requirement. Does anyone know which schools provide such a one/two day course to satisfy the 207xx module requirement? The NMC catalog of appoved courses is confusing as to which approved course would be needed.[/QUOTE]

This information used to be on the NMC web page, but it was removed when they revised the format of the page after I left the NMC. If you go to the current page, you can find these courses in the search menu for all courses, thewy have titles like “Deck and Navigation General Supplemental.” Alternatively, you might get this by asking NMC@IAskNMC@uscg.mil.

Quality Marine in St Petersburg does offer a 92-hour course which includes both the 80-hour Celestial Navigation course (satisfies 206xx) plus a 12-hour Nav & Deck General supplementals course (satisfies 207xx), but will not give only the 12-hour course without taking the 80-hour course. It is difficult to find a school which only gives a course to just satisfy the 207xx course.

Call Bob Russo with Maritime License Training Co. 904-891-9712. He is in Atlantic Beach, Fl. This was part of a celestial class that I took with him, and I’m sure he would be willing to do it as a one day training for you as it is 8 hours as a stand alone class. My certificate, that I have no use for…haha…states “Navigation General 8 hours…satisfies the exam requirements of exam modules 187xx and 207xx…”. I’m pretty sure it’s what you are looking for.

[QUOTE=brouss1965;32911]I am looking for a maritime school which provides either a one-day or two-day course that satisfies just the 207xx requirement for upgrade to Master 500GT Oceans endorsement. Some schools provide courses which satisfy both the 206xx and the 207xx module requirements, but do not offer a separate course to satisfy only the 207xx requirement. Does anyone know which schools provide such a one/two day course to satisfy the 207xx module requirement? The NMC catalog of appoved courses is confusing as to which approved course would be needed.[/QUOTE]

To help you out. Schools that offered approved celestial navigation courses were notified by the NMC in the fall of 2005 that the NMC was changing the license exams to include new Deck and Navigation General exams for increasing the scope of a near coastal license to oceans on vessels of over 200 grt.
The NMC notification advised schools, that if they chose to they could expand their present celestial navigation course to include approval to meet all of the exam requirements for increasing the scope from near coastal to oceans. Most school had to add another day for the Navigational General topics & exam. Also, the schools had to develop a separate supplemental Deck General course at least 8 hours, with an exam, this course satisfies exam module 207XX. For the Deck General Supplemental, the school’s approval reads; will satisfy the Navigation & Deck General examination requirements to inbcrease the scope of a license from near coastal to oceans PROVIDED that they have also completed your Celestial Navigation course.
This is why schools can’t offer the a course that satisifes just module 207XX, because the course must be in conjunction with the schools approved celestial navigation course.