My louisiana visit

Hi all. I would like to share my recent visit and what companies I visited.

ECO: Some abs were rumored to be getting ran off, so I got a temporary AB offer that I was going to take, but it fell through.

Odyssea: Accepting applications, but not hiring.

Laborde: Accepting applications, but not hiring.

Seacor: AB opportunities, maybe.

GOL: Accepting applications

Botruc: I filled an app out and turned in my resume, but did not give them copies of my documents. The HR guy there didn’t want them because he had no openings at the time.

Graham Gulf: I stopped by here but their office was closed.

C and G boats: Accepting applications, not hiring.

And the last stop I made was Gulfmark, and now I am waiting on pins and needles to get the official yay or nay regarding a training capt spot.

I stayed at Miss Claudette’s B and B and I hope to be able to stay there again. Her insight was great and words of encouragement definately help you through. I firmly believe that it is huge being at the right place and right time and although it’s hard, persistance and patience are key to getting what you want/need. If this Gulfmark opportunity falls through I plan on doing basic DP on my own dime as soon as I can to try to make myself more marketable.

Thanks for the feedback

Do you bother applying for jobs who say they aren’t hiring but accepting applications?

To the OP:

What’s the going rate for an AB nowadays? 250? 300? Its not exactly an unpaid internship.

I think so. I think these companies personnel needs are constantly changing, which is where right place right time comes in.

[QUOTE=Ctony;104677]Hi all. I would like to share my recent visit and what companies I visited.

ECO: Some abs were rumored to be getting ran off, so I got a temporary AB offer that I was going to take, but it fell through.

Odyssea: Accepting applications, but not hiring.

Laborde: Accepting applications, but not hiring.

It

Seacor: AB opportunities, maybe.

GOL: Accepting applications

Botruc: I filled an app out and turned in my resume, but did not give them copies of my documents. The HR guy there didn’t want them because he had no openings at the time.

Graham Gulf: I stopped by here but their office was closed.

C and G boats: Accepting applications, not hiring.

And the last stop I made was Gulfmark, and now I am waiting on pins and needles to get the official yay or nay regarding a training capt spot.

I stayed at Miss Claudette’s B and B and I hope to be able to stay there again. Her insight was great and words of encouragement definately help you through. I firmly believe that it is huge being at the right place and right time and although it’s hard, persistance and patience are key to getting what you want/need. If this Gulfmark opportunity falls through I plan on doing basic DP on my own dime as soon as I can to try to make myself more marketable.[/QUOTE]

It was very nice having you as a guest at my B&B and look forward to seeing you, again.
Sorry you were only able to spend 2 days, here, in search of work and were not able to follow up with your contacts that you made at various companies.
Yes, timing is everything and being able to return a day or two later, can be very beneficial.
It will happen.; right job in the right place.
Best wishes to you,
Claudette L. Pitre
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA
(985)537-6773
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...21896531157165