Moving to another vessel next hitch... wow this is going to be an awkward week and half

I don’t care! Wished to god he would have never got lazy and left his shit out or plain doesn’t care. It’s easy to act so tolerant when the shoe is on the other foot. This is obviously coming from a person that has not a clue what kind of climate I work in.

What if the dude left out some pretty things he bought for his wife while on leave and agreed to help you transfer out because he doesn’t like you.

6 Likes

I knew there was something funny about Fraqrat!

3 Likes

So you work on a boat offshore?? I’m pretty sure I can relate to the climate you work in.

Obviously you haven’t worked in close quarters with other people very long. Stay in the industry for more than a few days and you’re going to see way worse this goes for male and female coworkers

My only suggestion is you may want to take a look at yourself maybe take your frilly panties out of your ass and apologize to your coworker for being a homophobe and get on with life.

Obviously you do

It’s everybody else that doesn’t.

1 Like

I call bull shit

If this is real the OP needs to look at a different career path or maybe drop his balls.

1 Like

Let me get this straight…You posted about this in a public forum because “you didn’t want to ruin the guy’s career” and you “hoped he would find it and bring it up so I would not have to broach the subject” …I think your character is showing

2 Likes

I’m sorry hoss. It’s the implication with which you predicated your entire situation. A stellar performance review and transfer to a better job in exchange for your silence is what it is. Shady as fuuuccckkk. Way shadier than just accepting the guy for who he is. A good shipmate. They are actually pretty hard to find if you spend as abnormal an amount of time bobbing around out here like most of the other degenerates that populate this board (counting myself in with that gaggle as well).

If you truly work for a company where the rumor mill could sink your whole career and that is a legitimate concern for you. MOVE ON! That’s the best advice I can give you. Find a paycheck with a non discrimination policy in its SMS. Wait you’re a mud boat guy. You might not have an SMS. That’s neither hear nor there in this current perdicament. I guess you’re just gonna have to make some major changes to your worldview. You’re a fucking sailor. Travel the world and witness the debauchery this world has to offer ala @DeckApe mentioned. Just don’t partake because that shit is mostly abhorrent. I haven’t seen near what he described but there are kinks for kinks in this world we call earth. Maybe try to be more mindful of what others find enjoyable.

Mic drop…

4 Likes

Just a quick question to the general public who responded to this post - is this post legit? Or is it just a fake post to stir us all up/get a reaction? I just can’t believe anyone is that dense.

Meh… beats praddling on incessantly about Norway!!

4 Likes

When I was a young man starting out I was innocent. My cross dressing roommates experience was a big deal to me. What got me threw it was that no one else cared much. Eventually I got used to it, then I found the good in it. Thankfully there were no internet message boards to judge my innocence.

Now I can sit in a bar in some shithole country drinking a beer while folks around me do some strange things and it doesn’t bother me much. I think that’s worse.

5 Likes

I believe this to be a bullshit troll thread, but if you are truly serious… You, sir, are a true piece of shit and I’d hate to have you as a shipmate. Hope we never meet.
By the way, there is nothing gay with the sort of stuff that was described. And even if, who gives a damn? Grow the fuck up. I can’t believe the amount of uber-sensitive, self righteous snowflakes who call themselves sailors these days… I guess it belongs in the mud patch. Fucking stay there!

4 Likes

Very true! This has actually been quite entertaining and I"ve enjoyed it but I can’t help feeling like we’ve all been duped?

1 Like

So you haven’t ever played “ funny or gay”

1 Like

And why else are we all here? Hell, I’d take a steady stream of yachtie commodores to vent some of my pent up rage at that fucking 45’ Columbia sitting dead center of the range in a 300’ wide channel and a draft that does not require him to be in the F ing channel at all!

Some genius could get his kicks creating this and the @joebaws character for example and I’d still come back here every fucking day because this place is populated by seafarers and those are the people I have chosen to have spent the last 20+ years of my life which equates to somewhere as 10+ years actually at sea taking deep draft cargo vessels of all sorts to ports unknown. Let me take a breath on that. Errrr… I think I’ll crack another beer

2 Likes

You know the full story. Maybe it’s his wife’s idea. My wife’s asked me to do stranger things before and that’s why I love her.

3 Likes

And this is why I come here too - seen some stuff in my 20+ years as well. Sometimes things do get tiresome when people take themselves a bit seriously on here but hey, I come here for the “pithy” comments and the lovely first timers such as this guy that we can eagerly feed upon or at the very least derail their posts via stupid videos. Sailors…

2 Likes

Just don’t pass out drunk around me. With this new found knowledge, I promise you would be waking up the next day wearing a tinker bell outfit.

5 Likes

It worked if that’s the case.

Yeah, you have already stated you are totally cool with your shipmates being pedophiles and not doing a damn thing to stop it. Being an apathetic shitbag is not impressive.

Sexuality and perversions are best left to privacy of home, and the less said about it, the better. It’s simply not germane to professional conduct or life at sea in close quarters. Making shipmates uncomfortable, in any way, is everyone’s responsibility to correct, if one gives a damn. Many don’t and it’s a mark of how badly standards of civility have collapsed.

Tolerance or exposure to the dark deeds (pedophilia, sex slavery, etc) of the world has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of professional conduct at sea and it’s just false equivalency to conflate the two.

Anyways, the OP is deeply offensive and over the line in posting this crap online. Complete garbage post. If this is real you should have never breathed a word about it other than with your roommate and that’s it. What the hell is wrong with you, posting garbage like this? The chances of this getting out and hurting the guy are near 100%…

1 Like