MOT renewal requirements

I am renewing my 500T MOT and just received a 90 day letter asking for proof of ongoing participation in training and drills during the validity period of the license being renewed. My questions are: Will a company letterhead signed by the company owner attesting to the fact that I have participated in training and drills satisfy this? Also, has anyone else run into this issue and what wording did you use to resolve the matter? Thanks.

1 Like

YES!
Yer Sea Service letter (On company letterhead) should contain the sentence: While employed in the service above the above listed vessels, soandso had been an active participant in COmpany required training drills and safety meetings. My letter said exactly that (among other things) and I am currently awaiting renewal; my application has moved passed the safety portion into the MEB so I have NO reason to believe that my MOT will be molested.

This is such a crock of sheisse. Next thing you know we’ll have to have proof of an ISM audit, a company vetting, and a blood sample too!

[QUOTE=cappy208;42522]This is such a crock of sheisse. Next thing you know we’ll have to have proof of an ISM audit, a company vetting, and a blood sample too![/QUOTE]

You’ll notice that the statement does not qualify what TYPE of training, drills or meetings.
A colleague asked about this last year when his renewal was stopped as there was no annotation of the aforementioned training, drills or meetings. “What kind of training, drills or meetings?” He got NO straight answers other than a format for the statement which resembled mine; he also got a renewed MOT without any further hassle.

They’re from The Government, they’re here to help us

reference 46CFR 10.227(d)(8)(D)(vi)(B). “IAW 46CFR 10.227(d)(8)(D)(vi)(B), Mr. has ongoing participation in training and drills during the validity of the license or MMC being renewed.”

I added this line at the end of my seatime letter alongwith any other CFR references and the 18 USC 1001 Statement.

As I understand it, the alternative is to provide proof of towing to maintain the MOT endorsement.