MODU Towing Bridle recertification

Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me, I am a Second Officer and have had this dumped in my lap and after an exhaustive Google search and reading up as much as I can I am at a loss.

We have a towing bridle that we wanted to have replaced during our five year underwater survey, however the rig I am on is being stacked and this is no longer an option.

It has been decided to have the towing bridle recertified, the only problem is that no one seems to know if it needs doing and to what extent it needs testing. Does it need full load testing similar to lifeboat davits, or does it need MPI testing.

Could any you help me or point me in the right direction to look.

The rig is flagged in the Bahamas and is classed by DNV.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Mark Sleep;191676]Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me, I am a Second Officer and have had this dumped in my lap and after an exhaustive Google search and reading up as much as I can I am at a loss.

We have a towing bridle that we wanted to have replaced during our five year underwater survey, however the rig I am on is being stacked and this is no longer an option.

It has been decided to have the towing bridle recertified, the only problem is that no one seems to know if it needs doing and to what extent it needs testing. Does it need full load testing similar to lifeboat davits, or does it need MPI testing.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Contact DNV.

[QUOTE=Mark Sleep;191676]Hi all,

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The guidelines for towing of MODUs can be found by googling DNV-GL Noble Denton Guide line 0021-ND, Rev. 10 Para 5 and OS-H202 (1) Para 4.9.2

Nothing specific is said about the age of certificates, but in general the attending Surveyor MAY require re-certification if the test certificate is over 5 year old, or re-socketing of connections if over 2 years old. (Subject to condition of wires/sockets by visual inspection)