MODU STCW95 Leadership Course

Does anyone know if bridge personnel require the new Leadership and Managerial Skills course? It is a new revision in the CFR and the government is giving people time to get certified.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=SMELLY;160826]Does anyone know if bridge personnel require the new Leadership and Managerial Skills course? It is a new revision in the CFR and the government is giving people time to get certified.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Seriously, prior to posting this question did you spend even one minute trying to find the answer yourself?

Where do these people come from?

None of the new rules of the Manila Amendments refer certifying individuals for MODUs. Definitions are very clear in regards to the MMC community, where certs on MODUs are categorized as vague equivalencies.

Can you provide an answer please?

Thank you.

Well, read between the lines.

Do you need management level STCW as OIM?

I’m not in line for OIM. I’m interested in bridge team personnel, such as Third mates, BCO, DPO.

[QUOTE=SMELLY;160851]I’m not in line for OIM. I’m interested in bridge team personnel, such as Third mates, BCO, DPO.[/QUOTE]

How about BR or SA? That sounds more your speed.

ok, it’s a simple question: do you need to have STCW as OICNW (management level, or operational)? Should be self explanatory once you answer that.

If you’re asking for Third Mates, have you even looked at your license? It says right in your license you’ll need that class for your license to be valid after Dec 31st, 2016. How could you be asking for MODUs but not about MMCs? Haha pretty sure there’s no such thing as a MODU Thirds license…