Mmd convictions question

i am applying for my merchant mariners document and have my application completed. all thats left is the signed conviction statement. i can remember all of my convictions, just not the exact date.all of which are misdemeanors. i can describe in detail the events, just not the date. i know they are well over 5 years old, most closing in on 8 years. will this give me problems during the application process??i have all my stcw95 certs,clean drug screen, and fit for duty evaluation and i would hate to have wawsted all the time and money to not not get my mmd. also, do i need to state convictions as a minor?

[QUOTE=anthonypiceno;163219]i am applying for my merchant mariners document and have my application completed. all thats left is the signed conviction statement. i can remember all of my convictions, just not the exact date.all of which are misdemeanors. i can describe in detail the events, just not the date. i know they are well over 5 years old, most closing in on 8 years. will this give me problems during the application process??i have all my stcw95 certs,clean drug screen, and fit for duty evaluation and i would hate to have wawsted all the time and money to not not get my mmd. also, do i need to state convictions as a minor?[/QUOTE]

In your accompanying letter state you do not know the exact date. I have no idea if you have to state convictions as a minor. As long as you did not murder someone or traffic in drugs in the last 10 years you should be OK. There is a list of convictions with the effect on your MMD somewhere on this website. Find it.

[QUOTE=anthonypiceno;163219]i am applying for my merchant mariners document and have my application completed. all thats left is the signed conviction statement. i can remember all of my convictions, just not the exact date.all of which are misdemeanors. i can describe in detail the events, just not the date. i know they are well over 5 years old, most closing in on 8 years. will this give me problems during the application process??i have all my stcw95 certs,clean drug screen, and fit for duty evaluation and i would hate to have wawsted all the time and money to not not get my mmd. also, do i need to state convictions as a minor?[/QUOTE]

Include a separate written statement with as much information as you remember. If you don’t remember the dates, say that and make yor best estimate of when.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;163225]Include a separate written statement with as much information as you remember. If you don’t remember the dates, say that and make yor best estimate of when.[/QUOTE]

Thank you gentleman, that makes me feel much at ease. So just one letter for all my convictions or a separate letter for each? I think I might have read that somewhere.

[QUOTE=anthonypiceno;163233]Thank you gentleman, that makes me feel much at ease. So just one letter for all my convictions or a separate letter for each? I think I might have read that somewhere.[/QUOTE] One explaining all should be good.