MMC Character References rookie question

If I am applying for an MMC for the first time as an OS, is that considered an Original Officer Endorsement?

I see on the CG’s MMC checklist it says:
“Three Character References: This only applies to applications for original officer endorsements.”

Thanks for the help. Also if anyone knows a resource that may have answers to silly questions like this BESIDES the Coast Guard’s website that would be greatly appreciated.

no it is not.

[QUOTE=Shredrick McGnarlson;133953]If I am applying for an MMC for the first time as an OS, is that considered an Original Officer Endorsement?

I see on the CG’s MMC checklist it says:
“Three Character References: This only applies to applications for original officer endorsements.”

Thanks for the help. Also if anyone knows a resource that may have answers to silly questions like this BESIDES the Coast Guard’s website that would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

By Jove, I do believe the newbies are starting to get it! I won’t go so far as to say “good” first post, because I don’t want it to go to your head, but congratulations nonetheless on having a much better first post than most.

The only resource I can think of other than the actual USCG checklists is the discussion here on the forum. Granted, that means dumpster diving through extensive volumes of threads looking for just the little tidbits of information that you need, BUT it’s still better than asking entirely too general questions and getting your head bit off like most of the other forum greenhorns around here who go around asking which way the blunt end goes when it’s in the water!

Best of luck.

Poor kid. It means “ordinary seaman”.

Much thanks for the clarification Robert and Paddy!