Merry Christmas

It’s been a tough year for many, just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you Merry Christmas, and hopes for a better New Year. Thinking of those who won’t be home for Christmas this year.

Again the Ghost sped on, above the black and heaving sea – on, on – until, being far away, as he told Scrooge, from any shore, they lighted on a ship. They stood beside the helmsman at the wheel, the look-out in the bow, the officers who had the watch; dark, ghostly figures in their several stations; but every man among them hummed a Christmas tune, or had a Christmas thought, or spoke below his breath to his companion of some bygone Christmas Day, with homeward hopes belonging to it. And every man on board, waking or sleeping, good or bad, had had a kinder word for another on that day than on any day in the year; and had shared to some extent in its festivities; and had remembered those he cared for at a distance, and had known that they delighted to remember him.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;176090]It’s been a tough year for many, just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you Merry Christmas, and hopes for a better New Year. Thinking of those who won’t be home for Christmas this year.

Again the Ghost sped on, above the black and heaving sea – on, on – until, being far away, as he told Scrooge, from any shore, they lighted on a ship. They stood beside the helmsman at the wheel, the look-out in the bow, the officers who had the watch; dark, ghostly figures in their several stations; but every man among them hummed a Christmas tune, or had a Christmas thought, or spoke below his breath to his companion of some bygone Christmas Day, with homeward hopes belonging to it. And every man on board, waking or sleeping, good or bad, had had a kinder word for another on that day than on any day in the year; and had shared to some extent in its festivities; and had remembered those he cared for at a distance, and had known that they delighted to remember him.[/QUOTE]

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, at sea or ashore.

Merry Christmas to all, happy to be ashore this year!

Merry Christmas to all, especially my fellow mariners offshore.

Merry Christmas people. Make sure that fucking cook prepare a righteous, Xmas meal for ya’ll

[QUOTE=Esp1;176100]Make sure that fucking cook prepare a righteous, Xmas meal for ya’ll[/QUOTE]

You’re GODDAMNED right about that!

regardless of what you end up cramming in your gut, enjoy it if a cold beer and a smoke…DYA HEAR ALL OF YOUSE DOGS!

[QUOTE=c.captain;176101]You’re GODDAMNED right about that!

regardless of what you end up cramming in your gut, enjoy it if a cold beer and a smoke…DYA HEAR ALL OF YOUSE DOGS![/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding us that you are an ASSHOLE for all seasons.

[QUOTE=Esp1;176100]Merry Christmas people. Make sure that fucking cook prepare a righteous, Xmas meal for ya’ll[/QUOTE]

Asian food today, not even kidding. Merry Christmas anyway!

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;176103]Thanks for reminding us that you are an ASSHOLE for all seasons.[/QUOTE]

ah shucks…you’re such an untermensch!

well merry Christmas to you anyway…and in the new year may all your ugly legal problems be resolved one way or the other

Merry Christmas Ladies and gentlemen. Another year on the vessel for Christmas and New Year´s. I feel particularly thankful to still be here. I wish you all, (even Cajaya, all the best and the promise of a better year in 2016. Be the change you want to see in the world.

CHRISTMAS ON WATCH

‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the ship,
Four watch standers were stirring, in his bed slept the Skip.
The remaining crew was nestled, snug in their racks,
The brave on their stomachs, the smart on their backs.
The flight list was erected in the galley with care,
In the futile hope that crew change soon would be there.
And I in my blue jeans and T-shirt and Docs,
Had just settled in for the mid-to-noon watch.

When suddenly from up forward there crept such a smell
I jumped from the chair wondering, “What in the Hell…?”
Threw the smut in the drawer and from the control room I sped,
Down the port side passage, toward the Second Deck head.
I made it up forward and pumped open the door,
Stepped through the hatch and set foot on the floor.
My eyes they teared up and my nose I did plug,
To my horror, the sewage plant had quit and backed up.

A few hours later, when it was finally cleared,
I only saw then it was worse than I feared.
The jolly old steward stood there in usual pose,
Hair net on his head, gloved finger in his nose.
In a not-so-white apron stressed over his middle,
He laughed at my plight with a sick, twisted giggle.
And then to the galley he flew like a flash
(Not nearly that quick, due to the size of his ass).

He exclaimed o’er his shoulder sputtering curses as he went,
Clearing his lungs and trailing a scent,
“Best you fix up that shitter, it’s the right thing to do,
‘Cause I’m whipping up Tex Mex for all of the crew!
On, engine one, numbers two, four and three!”
Then, after a short pause, to cough and to wheeze,
“Oil prices be damned! This is not the first!
‘Twas terrible in the ‘80s, in the ‘70s much worse!”

Soon he had vanished through a watertight hatch,
As I girded my loins and lit up a match.
But I heard between expletives, as he waddled away,
“Next year will be better, hear what I say!
Everyone with a job in support of a boat,
Will see a fair shake, ashore and afloat.
In the meantime, buck up! Hike up your britches!

Merry Christmas to all, and be safe, Bitches!

[QUOTE=ChiefChad;176114]Merry Christmas to all, and be safe, Bitches![/QUOTE]

to which I can only follow up with

//youtu.be/ZgP0aUKlmNw

and to those here who are going now to compare me with that miserable old grouch let me just say that…

flattery will get you nowhere!

Merry Christmas everybody and a happy double day to everyone stuck on the boat!

Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas) to all!

Merry Christmas everyone, stay safe.

[B]Yes and everyone on vessel traffic watch ;)[/B]

http://youtu.be/9t4FgmaKOy8

[video=youtube_share;9t4FgmaKOy8]http://youtu.be/9t4FgmaKOy8[/video]

A belated Merry Christmas. . . . I have spent many away from home, even a couple since I have come ashore, but it HAS been awhile. . . and may the new year be better than this one.