Mate of Towing endorsement with Limited TOUR

I did a search and didnt see anything specific to my situation. I work on harbor tugs with 1600ton Mate inland license and a limited TOUR specific to harbor assist work. My understanding is this allows me to run as mate but I’m not able to get Mate of Towing on my MMC. Do I need full TOUR? To receive mate of TOWING ENDORSEMENT
get it by completing full TOUR

With a completed TowingOfficersAssesmentRecord…(not a tour) you can operate a towing vessel within any capacity on your license. However you can also have it endorsed on your MMC probably as great lakes / inland.
For more in depth reading refer to 46 CFR 11.464 - Requirements for endorsements as master of towing vessels.

[QUOTE=bowsntows;106068]I did a search and didnt see anything specific to my situation. I work on harbor tugs with 1600ton Mate inland license and a limited TOUR specific to harbor assist work. My understanding is this allows me to run as mate but I’m not able to get Mate of Towing on my MMC. Do I need full TOUR? To receive mate of TOWING ENDORSEMENT
get it by completing full TOUR[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you are working for a company with a TOAR that has been specifically approved for certain operations. You would be eligible for a mate of towing vessels license, but ity will likelyhvae whatyever restrictioon was noted when the NMC approved your TOAR. To get the un-restricted license you would have to do the full TOAR, or possibly only those parts of it that were not part of the TOAR you did complete.

Thank you for your reply jd cavo