Master AGT Exam

Has anyone taken this exam recently? I’m curious how it compares to master 1600 oceans. Does anyone know what is on the exam? I find the chart in the CFRs confusing and not necessarily correct.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;63387]Has anyone taken this exam recently? I’m curious how it compares to master 1600 oceans. Does anyone know what is on the exam? I find the chart in the CFRs confusing and not necessarily correct.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That’s OK. The NMC does not understand them either and makes up their own that they don’t publish just to frustrate us.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;63387]Has anyone taken this exam recently? I’m curious how it compares to master 1600 oceans. Does anyone know what is on the exam? I find the chart in the CFRs confusing and not necessarily correct.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hey Capt. Phoenix,

It has been a couple of years, but it was not much harder, very similar. Rules are rules. Nav General is the same. Two Separate deck general tests. Stand alone stability test. Stand alone Terrestrial test. Plotting is plotting. Safety is safety. Believe it or not Celestial was a piece of cake if you prepare. It was a challenge, but I took 8 modules in one day. Came back the next day and took Celestial that morning. I also took the Barge supervisor the next morning, which was an additional 2 modules. The testing software and materials available today is incredible. Makes testing seem like cheating looking back at it.

Lee

That’s OK. The NMC does not understand them either and makes up their own that they don’t publish just to frustrate us.

Thanks Capt. Lee. I was specifically asking about the Inland agt though. I’m pretty sure it is slightly easier than CM/Master Oceans and was wondering how it compares to 1600 ton mate or master oceans.

I probably should start studying, I just don’t really know what to study.