Maritime schools in South Louisiana

Im trying to advance my career and get my 100 ton masters. I’m looking for any advice as to which schools will offer the best deal and experience for my money. Also is there any financial aid/grants out there? Unfortunately, I work for a company that doesn’t pay for school or help out. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Check these guys out.
https://www.falck.com/us/calendar/Pages/default.aspx

L.E. Fletcher Community College - Marine, Young Memorial Community College - Marine, Delgado Community College - Fire and Marine.

Also, Sea School in Bayou Labatre, Alabama, and San Jacinto Community College - Maritime in Houston

Ask the schools about grants when you talk to them. The Louisiana Recovery Act (LRA) was very helpful about five years ago.

Unfortunately, there are no grants at this time.
But LE FLetcher (LAMPI) in Houma and Young Memorial in Morgan City will be the cheapest schools in this area.
They are both state run schools.
Best wishes to you.

Fletcher told me last month they were booked solid through this year for AB & STCW, not sure about 100 ton. Young did have some space.

[QUOTE=roundabout;137185]Fletcher told me last month they were booked solid through this year for AB & STCW, not sure about 100 ton. Young did have some space.[/QUOTE]

im in capt. bruce’s class right now and the last I heard him say was he was booked till October.

That’s the problem with Fletcher.

There are a lot of schools, big and small, all over the country that offer 100 ton courses. Its probably the most commonly available course.

Look on the USCG NMC website for approved 100 ton course providers. Its an inexpensive one week course, so it really doesn’t make too much difference where you go. Sea School in Alabama includes room and board. There are lots of 100 ton schools in Florida.

With Fletcher, put your name down as a standby. Just show up the morning of, and you’ll be surprised how many people don’t show up and you take their slots. I did RFPNW that way, and two other guys did their AB class that way.