Marine Positions - Hawaii Relief Opportunities Available - MSRC - Honolulu, HI

Marine Spill Response Corporation (MSRC) has immediate availabilities for the following temporary relief positions in Honolulu, Hawaii:MasterChief EngineerMateAssistant EngineerQMED-OilerAB SeamanThis is a great opportunity to gain or utilize your maritime experience with the nation’s leading oil …

More…

I looked into these MSRC jobs. They need you to live within a driving commute to the boat, as I recall maybe an hour or two max. Nature of the job.

[QUOTE=catherder;153658]I looked into these MSRC jobs. They need you to live within a driving commute to the boat, as I recall maybe an hour or two max. Nature of the job.[/QUOTE]

Did you by any chance learn how much they were paying for relief mates?

About 200 a day, really. No weekend pay, not big on OT either. Did two weeks in Richmond, would NOT go back. Love their competitive pay claims in their print ad’s…

[QUOTE=catherder;153658]I looked into these MSRC jobs. They need you to live within a driving commute to the boat, as I recall maybe an hour or two max. Nature of the job.[/QUOTE]

Most of their boats are day boats. If you live within a reasonable distance for commuting, its decent money for what it is. To be home at night that is.

There are a few liveaboard rotational boats, and pay a bit more usually. Those boats don’t have openings often, from what I’ve heard.

Gulf pay scale which is the highest of all is $26 an hour for temporary employees. Hawaii is Pacific region which is less. You can make your own deal though if they need you bad enough.