Looking for work

He told me my sea time as a QM will qualify as the time needed for AB, so I can go right into getting my mate near coastal 1600 and AB limited. What rate were you? Did you talk to him about getting set up for mate or anything?

[QUOTE=brian.billmyre;76997]He told me my sea time as a QM will qualify as the time needed for AB, so I can go right into getting my mate near coastal 1600 and AB limited. What rate were you? Did you talk to him about getting set up for mate or anything?[/QUOTE]

OS - I got my AB-Limited. Here’s the USCG requirments Mate 500/1600 bookmark the site it’s handy. It will also keep ya from pestering the guys on here.

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/credentials/checklists/pdfs/MCP-FM-NMC5-46%20Mate%20500-1600%20NC.pdf?list1=%2Fnmc%2Fcredentials%2Fchecklists%2Fpdfs%2FMCP-FM-NMC5-46+Mate+500-1600+NC.pdf&B1=GO!

Yea the last thing I wanna do is pester guys on here, I’m just a newbie to this type of sealift lol I’m really just trying to get my shit together and since I have little to no clue what’s going on, I ask questions. It’s worked out well for me in the past lol

No body minds when you ask questions brother. guys get annoyed when we have answered the same questions a lot of times. Most of the time if you use the search function on here you will find your question has been asked and answered a few hundred times, that gets old fast. but if it isnt answered before or you need more help or still confused, then nobody has a problem helping you out, thats what this is all about, helping each other. good luck, I started this out of he Navy to, its very frustrating trying to get your sea time.

I didn’t know I could search for my question and I didn’t know if anyone was in my situation, that’s why I asked. And I was really confused, that’s all.

Sorry to everyone for answering my question for the thousandth time, but also thanks to all of you for all the help you’ve given me in getting this shit figured out and straightened out. I really appreciate it!!!

wasnt giving you shit brother, just letting you know. you can find pretty much anything you want to know on here with it. i use it all the time. good luck to you

Thanks, you too bro. Fair winds and following seas =)

[QUOTE=brian.billmyre;76955]There is, all your USN sea time counts only in the past 3 years… That’s what the one guy at the MSC office in VA Beach told me…[/QUOTE]

Only 90 days of the total [U]for a license [/U]needs to be in the last three years, there is no time limit on the rest. For ratings endoresements, there is no time limit.