Looking for a list of subjects on the Nav Problems for 3rd unlimited NC

Can anyone direct me to an accurate list of subjects for the old (pre-2014)or the 145XX Nav Problems exam for a 3rd Unlimited Near Coastal license. I recently took my exams and passed everything else, but got 2 wrong on this exam because I made one dumb error and had a question on a subject I didn’t think was covered by this exam. I’ve done most of this from self study and stitching together different resources, I guess I didn’t have an accurate list of the subjects covered.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I’d rather not get a surprise on the re-test. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Aquaranger;190770]Can anyone direct me to an accurate list of subjects for the old (pre-2014)or the 145XX Nav Problems exam for a 3rd Unlimited Near Coastal license. I recently took my exams and passed everything else, but got 2 wrong on this exam because I made one dumb error and had a question on a subject I didn’t think was covered by this exam. I’ve done most of this from self study and stitching together different resources, I guess I didn’t have an accurate list of the subjects covered.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I’d rather not get a surprise on the re-test. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Post #15

Thanks I think that helps. Like you I was surprised by the azimuth by star, for some reason I didn’t think that was on the NC exam. When I “figured” out how to do it in the exam room I must have missed a correction as I got one of the possible answers, so I went with it.

Really, had I checked my work on all the questions I wouldn’t be retesting. Lesson learned.

If anyone else has another list is love to see it.