Looking for a good Panama Canal Agent

I would like any information on past experiences with Panama Canal Agents. I need to find a company to get me through and possibly take fuel and groceries… Also someone to help us get a little shore leave.

I do not recall the agent’s name but there was one guy who specialized in yachts and small vessels. His service was top rate. Maybe an internet search might turn up something.

We used a guy named John bamber can’t remember the agency but he was good.

We used inskip marine. Good guys and can help with everything needed

Was he an old British guy? If so we used him as well. They did a good job.

[QUOTE=rshrew;63617]We used a guy named John bamber can’t remember the agency but he was good.[/QUOTE]

That names seems familiar and if I recall he was an older Brit. Still that was 2003 so my recollection is a bit fuzzy on the particulars.

Give Boyd Steamship a call and ask for Frank Ender and you will get first class service. John Bamber is another fine gentleman but I forget his agency name.

Yup! That’s him.

I used Inchcape.

[QUOTE=JW-Oceans;63592]I would like any information on past experiences with Panama Canal Agents. I need to find a company to get me through and possibly take fuel and groceries… Also someone to help us get a little shore leave.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gatewaytransit.com/ I believe this is John Bambers company.

Used Bamber as well for a tug transit. The driver we got through him was sketchier than we would have liked but he got us through with the stuff we needed pretty quickly.