Limited DPO to Unlimited DPO

Asking this to help out co worker with clarification. Couldn’t find the info on NI website. If you currently hold DPO Limited and need to upgrade to unlimited , what are the requirements? Only info could come up with was the 60 days on Class 2 or 3 for unlimited but that is for original certification. Thanks for the help yall.

Tugsailors post just answered it for me, thNks tugsailor! 60 days on class 2 or 3 after limited certification should do the trick!

You also need the upgrade statement of suitability by the master of the last dp class 2/3 vessel.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;86482]You also need the upgrade statement of suitability by the master of the last dp class 2/3 vessel.[/QUOTE]
and the vessel owner/manager for the sea time

That’s a new one on me. All dp time is recorded in your logbook and signed by the captain. Has this changed, too? I never heard of the company providing sea time letters for dp.

N.I. Started requiring a sea time letter on company letterhead in July 2011 as I recall…

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;86513]That’s a new one on me. All dp time is recorded in your logbook and signed by the captain. Has this changed, too? I never heard of the company providing sea time letters for dp.[/QUOTE]

But, of course, with the GOM OSV companies, that has to come from the office…not the case on the rigs…it comes from you, but a person never would have gotten the job - on the rig - without having a DPO unlimited first.

Unreal. I guess I have been out of the game for too long.